Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

yank and vig on old school T350.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default yank and vig on old school T350.....

i know this is convterters and trannys but some of those guys dont deal with old cars with non lock up so wanted to ask you guys who deal with older cars with older trannys and TCs plus i get better responces from you guys in here so dont get mad at me for asking please.... i talked to the guy at vig and yank, the vig is $680 shipped and yank is $810 shipped..... the guy at yank said my car would like the 4,000 stall the best and would have great street manors when im cruising..... i wanted to try to get the best all around converter for a street car that goes to the track every now and then and also will have a lil gas every once in a while.... im wondering if the extra money on top of the vig is really worth is seeing the vig is alot higher than your average converter already.... at the same times since im already spending about $700 why not go with the smaller more custom company that dont make as many converters so they can spend extra time making sure mine is perfect! plus if you ask 10 people i think you will have 7 say yank is a slightly better converter! what to do guys?

and i also did some searches but all that were talked about were for LS1 LT1 cars and i know this is a different situation so i wanted to ask straight out! thanks for future info, jake
Old 06-09-2008, 11:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would ask both companies why u should go with theirs over the other and see what they say. Pick at each one to see which u think is better. Maybe u could get yank to come down a little if u tell them that ur gonna go with Vigilante. Who knows. Otherwise, save ur money and just get the vig.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i have talked to each company..... the guy from yank said vig is a good company but is spending more time on diesel stuff these days..... and yank is a small company that build 5 converters a day so they take time and do everything perfect
Old 06-09-2008, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

yank has always ran great in my car, ls1 with 4l60 and with the th350. you want be dissapointed with it.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:06 AM
Launching!

They both buy their parts from the same supplier from what I understand, so it boils down to customer service and price. I run Continental 9" steel stator converters for most of my stuff but they run $800-1200ish. You should hit up Fuddle on this site I'll bet they will give you better price and service than either one of the others your looking at....
Old 06-21-2008, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hmm so fuddle is as good as yank or vig? if so i never knew that but it may be true cause any company can build a good qaulity converter if they want to....

Quick Reply: yank and vig on old school T350.....