Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

So I got rear ended...Oh, it gets better

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I got rear ended...Oh, it gets better

Comming home from work on tuesday...
I'm in line at the toll lanes on the CCC, maybe about a 1/2 mile or so out from the toll plaza, and I get kissed in the back. I'm in the toll tag lane, an she doesn't even have a tag. We're in bumper to bumper traffic, so the hit might have been 5-10 mph, but still, I get out to check for damage. Look at the back, and sure enought, there is a small hole from a license plate bolt, an a major gouge in the bumper cover. I signal to the girl in the other car to pull it over and get back in my car. I dial 911 as I should to report it, and as the operator picks up, this chick pulls around me into a toll lane - away from the shoulder (I can't believe it - this bitch is going to try and run from a 400hp car in a late 90's nissan sentra during the middle of rush hour). I tell the operator that she is running, and give her the liscence plate #.

What follows is the most boring high speed pursuit in history. Like the sceen from the opening of office space - only with a determined look on my face. We're flying along at a brisk 2mph, creaping toward the toll plaza, and I've got CCC police on the phone the whole time. They didn't even bother to get her, they just waited till we get to the plaza, and pull her over.

She goes into cuffs for not pulling over and trying to run, and the police start talking and laughing with me over the whole thing (one of the officers I had classes with at UNO). As is allways my luck, SHE HAS NO INSURANCE. That explains why she tried to run. The police give me her info and her car gets towed.

I go today and get estimates, and they're all around $500 ( my deductible). So now, do I file an un-insured motorist claim, and go after her in small claims, or not even bother with the insurance company, and still go after her.

It wasn't alot of damage, but it's just enought to **** you off and ruin your day.

What do I do now?
Old 03-19-2009, 06:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Don't worry about the un-insured claim since it's at your deductible. It won't do anything except maybe raise your rates next time you renew. I would just pay it and fill a claim in small claims court.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Staging Lane

I called her today and told her the total. She, almost too casually said ok to paying the damages, which are right at $500 total + tax. She said she doesn't have a job right now. I told her to give me $100/month and she agreed to it, but we'll see if she follow's through. If she gives me money, she'll get a payment receipt from me.

If she doesn't, I'll have to take her to court.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:28 AM
12 Second Club

good luck man, sorry to hear about it
Old 03-20-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

damn that sucks dude

Quick Reply: So I got rear ended...Oh, it gets better