Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Anybody from SC

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 11:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by white99ta!!
Im not sure. what rims were on it? Theirs 2 white ta's. I have chrome z06 wheels but they mightve been black then. I plastidip'd them. the other guy has weld draglites.
They were Z rims. Didn't see a set of draglites that night. Nice looking car BTW!! I rode through in a silver M45 before deciding if I wanted to go home to get my car. Looking for a Vette that wanted a rematch from a few weeks ago.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Staging Lane

Should have came last weeknd. We may have been able to get that photo taken.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by pontiac_boy
Should have came last weeknd. We may have been able to get that photo taken.
That would've been cool. Haven't been coming out that much lately with this weather along with working nights now.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:02 AM

Have you been up to Kmart and sss for the meets on sat?
What time do the meet I just got the car this week it was my mother in laws before she passed away
Old 08-03-2012, 06:09 AM
Launching!

Greenville area here too
Old 08-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by unionmanofsteel
What time do the meet I just got the car this week it was my mother in laws before she passed away
usually between 9:30 and 10. Sorry for your loss.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:28 PM

usually between 9:30 and 10. Sorry for your loss.
Thanks The car is a 1999 Trans Am it was always the running joke that if something ever happened to my mother in law and my wifes step father that I would get the car. After she passed away he decided he wanted to sell it so me and the wife decided to buy it so we could get it up in her memory. I have some work that needs to be done to it. But it is a beautiful car and just needs some love.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks The car is a 1999 Trans Am it was always the running joke that if something ever happened to my mother in law and my wifes step father that I would get the car. After she passed away he decided he wanted to sell it so me and the wife decided to buy it so we could get it up in her memory. I have some work that needs to be done to it. But it is a beautiful car and just needs some love.
If you head over tomorrow let me know. I havent decided if ill go or not yet.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:43 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bamaballa205
They were Z rims. Didn't see a set of draglites that night. Nice looking car BTW!! I rode through in a silver M45 before deciding if I wanted to go home to get my car. Looking for a Vette that wanted a rematch from a few weeks ago.
Thanks, Im pretty sure i saw a m45. What vette did you race? who won?
Old 08-04-2012, 01:50 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry for your loss. If you need help with the car let me know.Ive done all the work on mine and I know the cars pretty good. I dont think ill be up there tomorrow. Im stationed in Beaufort and im only in that area cause my girl lives in Goose Creek and shes up in NC for some dog therapy training. Shes a training for Carolina canines( they rescue dogs from shelters and train them for wounded vets). If i can get my car dyno tuned tomorrow then ill be there but most likely next week.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks, Im pretty sure i saw a m45. What vette did you race? who won?
A silver C6 with black wheels and drag radials & a black 03-04 Cobra. I ran them about a month ago on motor and beat them both about 2-3 cars each race from a 50 roll. So they called me out again this time with the Vette running a rear mount turbo and the Cobra on a 50-shot. Would've been spraying this time but was told when I came up there that night the Vette wasn't running right.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bamaballa205
A silver C6 with black wheels and drag radials & a black 03-04 Cobra. I ran them about a month ago on motor and beat them both about 2-3 cars each race from a 50 roll. So they called me out again this time with the Vette running a rear mount turbo and the Cobra on a 50-shot. Would've been spraying this time but was told when I came up there that night the Vette wasn't running right.
Nice. I dont think ive seen those guys out their. I wanna run someone soon to see where my car is at. I raced a 02 gt with same mods and got him by 5 or 6 car lengths from a dig before i did my cam rear and gears, trans w/stall and some small stuff like sfc's, lca's and phb. I still need to get a dyno tune though. It doesnt feel like it down shifts to the rite gear when going from a roll but im use to driving it so if feels slow to me. i think i need to adjust the phb and lcas but im not sure if their straight. i gotta measure and see if everything is straight but im not sure how to properly do it
Old 08-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Staging Lane

Nice. I dont think ive seen those guys out their. I wanna run someone soon to see where my car is at. I raced a 02 gt with same mods and got him by 5 or 6 car lengths from a dig before i did my cam rear and gears, trans w/stall and some small stuff like sfc's, lca's and phb. I still need to get a dyno tune though. It doesnt feel like it down shifts to the rite gear when going from a roll but im use to driving it so if feels slow to me. i think i need to adjust the phb and lcas but im not sure if their straight. i gotta measure and see if everything is straight but im not sure how to properly do it
Let me drive it ill tell you how its running. lol Back in idaho we would have mustangs with gears full exhaust running catback ls1s and still coming up short by a car or two. I wouldnt mind getting back into the game myself but this T/A is going to stay the way it is so ill be waiting until i get my GTO up here.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

Let me drive it ill tell you how its running. lol Back in idaho we would have mustangs with gears full exhaust running catback ls1s and still coming up short by a car or two. I wouldnt mind getting back into the game myself but this T/A is going to stay the way it is so ill be waiting until i get my GTO up here.
Its easy to make your ta fast. some deals you just cant pass up. deff get that gto up here. if you need help or want help ill come by and help you work on it. ill be up at sss this weekend
Old 08-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Its easy to make your ta fast. some deals you just cant pass up. deff get that gto up here. if you need help or want help ill come by and help you work on it. ill be up at sss this weekend
Yeah i cant put money into two cars at once or the wife will be out the door so the T/A will stay the way it is for now but the bad thing is its going to cost around 1500 to get the GTO up here. If i can get away ill head over to sss do you plan to run anyone?
Old 08-07-2012, 01:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yea I think that it's been over a month since they came back up after the races. If I come out this wekend, i'll let you test your car out. Digs are my weak points though. Still running the shitty 10-bolt. I beat 09 and older GTs in my pick-up truck. So yeah, they're kind of a waste of gas for you.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:28 AM
Staging Lane

Sounds good man. Well go from a dig and a roll.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

www.scfba.org nuff said
Old 09-05-2012, 01:14 PM

I'm in Bluffton Sc
Old 09-05-2012, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

swing by the site and register sometime we are having our second meet in columbia on october 20th

Quick Reply: Anybody from SC