Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Hit and Run victim... could use advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 01:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit and Run victim... could use advice

Hey everyone,

Ok so I live out here in Athens Georgia and my car got hit by another car and the driver ran off! There are four witnesses and they described a large, new, black, 4 door sedan, (honda or something) being driven by a girl with dark colored hair. She was either light skinned black, latino, middle eastern, or just tan. So I go around to find who did this and I found a car positivley identified by the witnesses. Turns out its an 08 (or newer) Honda Accord bought from Ed Voyels with a Henry County licence plate... I gae all the info to the police and they still havent processed ANYTHING!

I dont really have proof of the damage evidence cause after that day I dont see the car here anymore, but there is another car parked where it usually parks with a Henry county tag.

I took a picture of the damage on the car with my phone at 4 in the morning and since it was dark it doesnt show up. Since I dont see the car out here any more, I'm worried that this girl is going to go get her car fixed (if shes not already having it fixed) and I'll be left to fix my own car with money for a deductable out of my pocket and all she has to say is "my car was never broken, here look..." At the rate the police are working chances are its already happening...

Anyone have any suggestions for me of what I could do next...

I wanna find the car just to take a picture of it with damage... that way I got proof it was messed up. I was thinking of trying out those licence plate run sites for like $30.. anyone think they are legit or does anyone know of one that is legit?

Can anyone help me out with advice of any sort?
Old 10-27-2010, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn that sucks!!! My suggestion would be call your insurance company and see if there is anything they can do to help. First i would call the police department back one more time and see what they say and if the insurance comp. cant help you then unfortunately you might be stuck with this! Man that kind of stuff pisses me off!!!!!