Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Stolen White Camaro SS Baton Rouge, La

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 03:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen White Camaro SS Baton Rouge, La

My white 99 Camaro SS was stolen out of my driveway at 2:12 this morning. I heard the damn thing start up and just caught a glimps at the back of my car. This is the second one today stolen in Baton Rouge. My car is white, T-Top SS, lowered, torque thrust IIs, and no dents or anything. I work at a stereo shop and figured I was pretty safe being that it is the passlock system. I guess I was wrong. I feel like someone stole my child
Old 11-12-2010, 03:45 AM
Teching In

Best of luck getting it back.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:59 AM
Teching In

Yeah I hope I do, but it doesn't seem like many people get them back together.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks to hear man! I'm heading down there this weekend, but I'm bringin the beater cause I don't want my baby stolen. Of course I'm always packin so I can guarantee if that were to happen I'd shoot them and my car. Bullet holes are cheaper to fix than buying another car. Hope it's located before it's scrap.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BivDBO
My white 99 Camaro SS was stolen out of my driveway at 2:12 this morning. I heard the damn thing start up and just caught a glimps at the back of my car. This is the second one today stolen in Baton Rouge. My car is white, T-Top SS, lowered, torque thrust IIs, and no dents or anything. I work at a stereo shop and figured I was pretty safe being that it is the passlock system. I guess I was wrong. I feel like someone stole my child
just curious because I dont want it happening to me.
(I have 7 4th gens)
How are they starting these up so quickly.
I think theres 13 different combos of key codes.
Was your car serviced recently for someone to have access to keys?
Just help neighbor with a 00 SS that was a stolen recovery.
It was found stripped in a warehouse next to his(LoJack)
You can PM me if you dont want info out there.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Staging Lane

man whats with this louisiana f-body stealing? seems like they only get stolen in la, i'd sell mine before i move to la
Old 11-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hmorris7000
man whats with this louisiana f-body stealing? seems like they only get stolen in la, i'd sell mine before i move to la
Ditto. That's like the fifth one in a month. This **** is getting out of hand.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Teching In

****! this is bullshit! im amazed that people are having this kind of trouble with these f bodies. its just as bad here in new orleans. im installing a kill switch
Old 11-12-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

why dont they do an fbody on the show bait car in LA, i bet that would grab something. sorry to hear it bro
Old 11-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Teching In

sorry to hear this, good luck I hope you at least catch the **** heads that did it!
Old 11-12-2010, 01:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DarkJuggalo
why dont they do an fbody on the show bait car in LA, i bet that would grab something. sorry to hear it bro

Something like the above needs to happen for the Louisiana crowd. I have read about F-body's getting stolen from this area over and over again. This madness has to stop!
Old 11-12-2010, 02:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's only frequenting the lower part of the state. As of this moment we haven't had this problem in the north end. Hope it doesn't make it way up here and I hope the cops or a stand up citizen down there can end it for my fellow f-body guys down there. It's rediculous that people are stealing 8-12yr old cars and are specific models/make. Somebody needs to wire up a contraption in their car with a shotgun loaded with bean bag round ready to go off when they open the door. I know most of you would rather kill'em but this way the sound of the gun wakes you up, knocks them on their *** and stuns them long enough for you to get out there and whoop the ever living **** out of them til the cops show up. Then maybe they'll roll over on whoever they're running with. That or the cops can track his movements and maybe find the shop. I know many don't have faith in the NO cops, but surely there is atleast one down there worth a **** that would be willing to go all out and help.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Teching In

I am a car audio installer so i am assuming that they are bringing their on vats module and using a key that is matched to their computer. They were in and out in no time. This is a huge problem here in Baton Rouge seeing that earlier that day there was a Trans Am stolen in the middle of the day. I had my 45 on me when I ran out the door, but I would have had to fire at my neighboors house to hit my car. I feel like I lost a child and there is no way I am going to get anywhere near what the car is worth to me through insurance. I am a college student and work my *** off to have a nice car so I probably will have to wait until after I get out of college to afford another nice fbody. This has literally left me physically sick.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Teching In

I am a car audio installer so i am assuming that they are bringing their on vats module and using a key that is matched to their computer. They were in and out in no time. This is a huge problem here in Baton Rouge seeing that earlier that day there was a Trans Am stolen in the middle of the day. I had my 45 on me when I ran out the door, but I would have had to fire at my neighboors house to hit my car. I feel like I lost a child and there is no way I am going to get anywhere near what the car is worth to me through insurance. I am a college student and work my *** off to have a nice car so I probably will have to wait until after I get out of college to afford another nice fbody. This has literally left me physically sick.
You talking about the one stolen from the mall?
Old 11-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Teching In

try this next time......

http://www.rotteneggsx.com/r3/show/se/53730.html
Old 11-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by barnac0
You talking about the one stolen from the mall?
No this one was stolen from my house. There was one recently stolen from the mall too?
Old 11-12-2010, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey, BivDBO, let me know all the specs on your car. Is it an auto, M6, leather or cloth, interior color, etc. I'll take a look at this one white Camaro SS at this used dealership by my house. It just popped up today out of nowhere.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Teching In

Sorry to hear that your car was stolen. I didnt hear mine it was gone in the morning. I thought the same thing about the passkey , someone tried to steal my 92 rs years ago they popped the doorlock out with a screwdriver and broke the column but couldnt start it amateurs I guess. Wait till you try & go to the dmv to cancel the plate, I wound up going to one of those satellite places to cancel plate had to sign an affidavid. Did you have full coverage ?
Old 11-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Teching In

No this one was stolen from my house. There was one recently stolen from the mall too?
I was talking about the Trans Am. A cop friend told me they had one stolen at the mall yesterday. Also heard they got another white SS last week.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Yeah I heard about the trans am. I had full coverage so I will be looking for another vehicle soon.

Quick Reply: Stolen White Camaro SS Baton Rouge, La