Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Scott Culbert (gomer) and Wes Culbert

Old 12-31-2016, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Scott Culbert (gomer) and Wes Culbert

I have a 2001 Camaro SS F1 Procharged 402 AFR heads, A1k fuel sys, 80lb injectors, th400, 12 bolt. The car only has 15k miles. I have owned this car since 2009.

In March of 2014 I contacted Wes Culbert about it because it would run hot and would not start back up once it got hot. I have known/dealt with Scott and Wes Culbert a few times over the past 10-12 years. They did a clutch swap in a Camaro for me and did a cam swap in a trans am for a buddy of mine. So I talked to him about the car and what it was doing and he told me to bring it up there and they would get it straightened out. I haul the car up there to them that weekend.

When I get there I unload the car and again explain to Wes all the issues I wanted to address. Running hot, not holding boost, clean engine bay up, meth kit not working and few other odds and ends. He says they will keep the car inside and look at it ASAP and let me know what it needed. While I was there he showed me a black C6 Z06 they had sitting in the garage that had been there for over a year because the guy kept "wanting to change his setup". (I don't believe that to be true now). Anyways, I leave feeling good that I felt like I was finally going to get my car fixed. I wasn't in a hurry to get the car fixed, I own my own business and honestly the car was the last thing on my mind most times.

I let a few weeks go by without hearing from him so I text him and ask if they had time to look at it and he calls me. He feeds me a line about trying to finish up the black C6Z in the garage and when he got it done he was going to start on my car. This same excuses goes on for MONTHS. Id talk to him say every 2-3 weeks on the phone until July and that is when the texts start. I wanted a record of our conversations at this point. I'm not going to make a huge long drawn out post and tell every little text. I have them on my phone if I need to post them I will figure out a way to, just not sure how to do it. For months I would basically ask/text him the same thing.. "been able to do anything to the car?" After months of trying to figure out why it's running hot he SAYS he is going pull both heads. This didn't happen. I spend the next 6 months texting him ask "Done anything to the car?" "How's it coming" and got a BS excuse each time. There was a few things he would call me about when I would text him, he said he thought I should put a FMIC on the car and I said yes sounds good I agree, something came up with a bolt in the blower that he had to replace. I keep pushing and texting him about the car and telling him I would like to get it back. This goes on until early March 2015.

I send him a text and tell him I really wanted to get the car back. He says "can you call me?" So I call him, he says at this point he doesn't know what to do with the car. It is still
running hot and he can't figure out what to do with it other than pull the heads off????? Umm I thought you did this 6 months ago?? He asks what I want to do and I said well I want my car fixed so he says he will tear it down. Around 2 weeks later he send me pictures of cracked piston. He said he would get with Scott and let me know how much it would cost to fix it. It takes 3 weeks to get an answer and he calls me and says they are going to pull the engine and take it to a local machine shop and have them look at it. Weeks go by and he says machine shop says it needs it be bored and the car would need 8 new pistons. I say no problem whatever they need to do. Several weeks go by and he says they ordered the pistons and would take them to the machine shop when they came in (this is important). He texts me a few days later and says the car needs main studs, I give the go ahead and say get them. He says ok, nearly a month goes by with out any real contact or action on the car. He finally text me one day and says can you call me, I call him and he proceeds to tell me the car has several bent rods and needs new rods. Again, I give him the go ahead I just want the car fixed.

For the next 3 weeks we wait for machine shop to finish engine and put rods in and Scott is suppose to pick it up. We are at the end of July 2015 now, basically for the next 4 months all his text are BS and just putting me off, he texts me late October and says it is ticking and needs new valves. Ok fix it. He says he fixes it. Early November 2015 we talk on the phone and he says it's close to being done. I text him and ask for a invoice to know about how much I am going to owe them and I get Wes favorite reply. "Let me talk to Scott". It takes 6 days and I finally get a email and it's a bill from Texas Speed for an engine build but wait... I thought the machine shop was local and y'all were taking them parts??? Come on now. There was still no total for what I owed them. No labor or anything else. I keep pressing him for a total and never get a reply. I send several text over the next 20 days asking when the car will be done and any updates. Basically I get an excuse every time I ask when the car will be done but I do finally get a total for PARTS. $4410. I'm okay with that even though they had lied about who did the engine work. I'm going to try to wrap this up but we are in December 2015 now and he's still making excuses. Car has bad gas well no **** it's been at your shop for nearly 2 years, it has a skip at high RPM, etc, etc. I tell him I want them to drive the car and make sure it's 100% before I pick it up.

Fast forward to Mar 31 2016, basically Jan-mar was a bunch of excuses of why the car wasn't finished. They are taking car to dyno now, they take it and have a problem on dyno with a intercooler coupling and don't make to make a good pass and can't tune the car. He orders a new intercooler coupling and they are going to take it back April 18th. He says they take it and it doesn't make the boost it is suppose to make and I say so what now? Never get an answer. Basically I spend the next month texting him asking when it will be done. At this point, I look Scott up on Instagram because I don't have his phone number and I send him a message asking him about the car because Wes would not answer me. I told him Wes said the car had been to the dyno twice etc. he replies back that the car isn't done and when he gets to the shop he is going to have a come to Jesus meeting with him and probably even beat his ***!!! This is his own brother and business partner! Wes txt me later some more BS excuses about why he hadn't text me and he had talked to Scott.

On May 25th 2016 I send him this "I just want the car done. I don't want to wait around and weeks turn into months and here I am six months later and no car. Can you finish the car and let Scott tune it in the next 2-3 weeks? If not I will just come get it. I just want a straight up honest answer." And he sends back this "3 weeks it will be done. If it's not u can cone get it. Scott is standing right here and I let him read ur message and mine also. I promise no bullshit it will be done. It has had a **** load of issues with car that is no lie. But not no 2 yrs of issues. Like I said it's my fault and nobody else's". So at this point what is 3 weeks when you are 2 1/2 years in?

On June 16th I send him a text and ask if the car is done, it takes till July 2nd to get a reply that they had ordered pushrods, they think pushrods are too long and the car is loosing boost there. Ok, replace them. At this point I start talking to Scott more. At least he MIGHT answer you back within a day or two. Scott and I talk about the car and replacing pushrods and few other things and Scott says they are taking to dyno Aug 11th. I wait and never heard from them on the 11th so I text them the next day and he says the broke blower belt on dyno and was going back that Thursday to replace it and tune it. Never hear from them so I text him, he says they took it back and car is running out of fuel, needs new fuel pump. The car made 599rwhp. 402 F1 Procharger AFR heads, A1000 fuel sys, 80lb injectors, seems low to me. The car has a 12 bolt and a TH400, I know it's losing power there but still. He says too look at Aeromotive Eliminator pump, I buy one on summit a few days later, $585. He also says he is going to see about a different blower pulley because the car is only making 8psi.

I get the pump and text Scott "I got the pump, did you get the pulley?" Didn't hear anything for 2 weeks, at this point I have had enough and text both of them I want to come get my car. This is my text to Wes "Get all my extra parts together and get my car ready for me to pick up. Ive been more than patient and in a few months it will have been there 3 years. I buy a $600 fuel pump and no one will answer me about when to bring it or anything. I go weeks without any answer or anything. I don't really see how someone can keep someone's car for 3 years and not fix it. Y'all have really disappointed me and I shouldn't of let it go this far" And he replied "I was under the impression that u and scott was talking. He told me to tell u about blow off valve. I told u and told scott to find a tial 50 mm BOV and that's all we needed and get with u on it. I know he is in Atlanta till tonight but I honestly thought u and him had been talking. That's all it needs is that pump bolted up and that BOV bolted up and it's done. He had told me you was bringing pump up one day and gonna drive car the way it is now and go from there. So I'm also confused too." And I sent back this "I text Scott over a week ago and told him I had the pump, no reply. I just want my car back, I'll take it somewhere else and get it fixed. I want to come pick it up Saturday morning." Got no reply there so I sent this "I want to pick the car up tomorrow morning. What time can you meet me?" get a text back they are both out of town, very convenient.

cont..
Old 12-31-2016, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

This is where I stopped talking to them and Saturday morning (this was mid September) I rode to their shop to find my car sitting outside in a mess. Underhood has wires and hoses everywhere, they have thrown junk in my car, dash pieces out of it, gas cans sitting in it. Car is filthy and has been sitting outside, headlights are faded, t-top panel is bubbling, has an inch of tree sap on it. My car had 15k miles on it and now looks like 215k. The car is scratched up. The seats are hard from sitting in the sun, paint is faded, and the worst part is the car still isn't fixed. Wes and Scott Culbert are the biggest liar I have ever seen.

I have a repo truck so I went back and got my car. I had enough, I had been as patient as anyone could ever ask for. These people had my car for nearly 3 years and had basically destroyed it. If I hadn't went and got it, it would still be sitting up there and they would still be making excuses.

I have every text to back up everything I have posted here and will post each one of them if it have to. I don't do social media accounts so I plan on posting this on every forum I know he might be on. I heard he posted something about me on facebook, which honestly I don't see how he has the ***** to do considering HE KNOWS how shitty of shape they left my car. The above story is shortened up, I have tons and tons of messages making excuse after excuse why the car isn't done and me sending the same message 3 & 4 times in a row day after day just trying to get answer. It is almost comical to read.

I've had this typed up for a while and I wasn't going to post it because I am not the kind of guy to post stuff about people online, I would rather meet you face to face. Unfortunately Scott is not, I begged him multiple times to come to my shop, which he wouldn't and he will not answer the phone or reply to text. He is a sorry excuse for a man. I am attaching the text where Scott is talking about Wes, his brother and business partner.

Name:  tx.png
Views: 16933
Size:  121.7 KB

Last edited by Screamin LS1 SS; 12-31-2016 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been there, done that. Finally went and got the car and am finishing it up now. Your going to be missing all kinds of fasteners. I got to order all my missing stuff from hawkes when they open back up. I posted my situation on here and a mod had the ***** to call me a liar in a pm. Then there were people saying it was my fault. Have fun finding someone to complete the car if you decide to go that route.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hate to hear that. Nothing frustrates me more than when someone says they are going to do something and they don't... especially when it's a recurring event. Isn't Scott Culbert in North Alabama? I've heard of him in my area(Guntersville/Albertville). I had one friend recommend him as a tuner and another friend that didn't recommend him.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:59 PM
12 Second Club

Man, the more I think about this it just burns me up. 3 years.... wow. You did let it go to far Adam, but hindsight is always 20/20 and I know how things go sometimes. Bottom like is that these guys have major problems and I'm so glad that I never even had them tune my car.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rybern
Man, the more I think about this it just burns me up. 3 years.... wow. You did let it go to far Adam, but hindsight is always 20/20 and I know how things go sometimes. Bottom like is that these guys have major problems and I'm so glad that I never even had them tune my car.
These guys are actually in Albertville, without a doubt I let it go too far. I should of went and got the car along time ago but I was hoping they would just finish it, which would of never happened.

I am attaching a few pictures of when I picked the car up. Please keep in mind, this is a 15k mile garage kept complete running car when I took it up to them.

The quality of the pictures aren't the best, I have a ton on my real camera.

Meth line chilling on the water pump
Name:  6667.png
Views: 17076
Size:  677.8 KB
Name:  77.png
Views: 17147
Size:  440.8 KBName:  44.png
Views: 16983
Size:  403.5 KBName:  55.png
Views: 16898
Size:  407.3 KBName:  33.png
Views: 17199
Size:  388.9 KBName:  22.jpg
Views: 17221
Size:  57.0 KBName:  12.png
Views: 17346
Size:  546.0 KB
Name:  999.png
Views: 17049
Size:  480.2 KB
Like I said, these are just a few pics, that big pile of bird **** damaged the paint on the fender, there is no telling how long it had been on there. I think the car sat outside the whole time it was up there.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:48 PM
12 Second Club

I'm a very forgiving person and I think I would consider consulting an attorney. IMO they owe you some money.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What would you know? My car is just like yours minus the black interior. My car was full of parts too which left stains on my tan carpet. One more thing to do to before I will drive it. I also have to take mine to a dentless paint repair. My rear quarters have all kinds on dings in them now.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I'd be calling a lawyer as well.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sheikss
What would you know? My car is just like yours minus the black interior. My car was full of parts too which left stains on my tan carpet. One more thing to do to before I will drive it. I also have to take mine to a dentless paint repair. My rear quarters have all kinds on dings in them now.
It's crazy man. I will probably just go ahead and have my whole car repainted. It is scratched up all around it, faded, and the bird crap has damaged the paint in several spots.

rybern - What is funny is he tried to have me arrested for taking my own car back, which didn't happen, lol. They had a lawyer send me a letter saying I owe them for work done to the car, which in turn I had my lawyer send back a letter explaining the REAL situation and the damage to the car, the car doesn't run, the car is incomplete and they did a lot more damage to the car than anything and we never heard back from them. Scott thought he was going to be slick and send me a picture of my shop and say he wanted to come by and collect his money, which didn't go over too well with me, I called him (first time he ever answered the phone) and he acted like a straight up scared coward. I begged him to please come down here and meet me face to face and he won't, I let my temper get out of hand (first time I had in this whole situation) and it really showed how big of a coward Scott is.

I have the car at a very reputable shop in Atlanta right now, they couldn't believe the condition of the car either. Their whole shop crew was looking at it in disbelief. After I get the car back from them and it is running right, I will start correcting all the cosmetic damage they did to the car. My lawyer has the papers ready to file against Scott and Wes, he is just waiting for me to give the go ahead.

Last edited by Screamin LS1 SS; 01-02-2017 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You say Atlanta. Hopefully you took it to vengeance being that close to them.

As far as the other guys, that's horrible and shows just how most people truly are nowadays. They seem like a bunch of lowlifes trying to cover each other's lies but man I don't see how could even let it go that long. I couldn't let it go over 6 months. Probably. Or even that long. I hate this for you OP. good luck.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What shop? I contacted vengeance and they wouldn't touch my car.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

So you're the ******* that took the car and didn't pay for anything? Lol. Scott is in close with texas speed and likely got a big discount fixing your motor through them.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow. This is unacceptable. Bottom line is they gave you the run around and your car got treated like a dumpster.

I'm sorry to hear this man. You should be entitled to them paying for another shop to make the car right.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DustinWS6
So you're the ******* that took the car and didn't pay for anything? Lol. Scott is in close with texas speed and likely got a big discount fixing your motor through them.
Yeah, i perfer not to pay to have my car ruined.

The car is at LSXPerts now.
The following users liked this post:
wannafbody (10-02-2021)
Old 08-23-2017, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

Bump

Including a few text messages between myself and Wes, this was basically our conversation for 3 years. Also, i have the text where he said someone local was doing the machine work and checking the heads and then magically Texas Speed is doing it. lies lies lies These might be hard to read, I took pics of them off of the computer. There is so much BS from these guys. Toward the end of the conversation I would have to send a question 4-5 times to get an answer.
Attached Thumbnails Scott Culbert (gomer) and Wes Culbert-img_0382.jpg   Scott Culbert (gomer) and Wes Culbert-img_0387.jpg   Scott Culbert (gomer) and Wes Culbert-img_0388.jpg  
Old 12-15-2018, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 991 Posts

Screamin LS1 SS,

What a horrible experience. I hope the clowns got sued.

Did the car get fixed and sorted out?
Old 10-02-2021, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
Screamin LS1 SS,

What a horrible experience. I hope the clowns got sued.

Did the car get fixed and sorted out?
Just to let everyone know the outcome on this. I ended up suing Adam Bailey for non payment and after all facts and evidence were shown in court, I won and he had to pay me.

Just goes to show that you can't draw judgment from just hearing one side of the story.
Old 10-02-2021, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gomer
Just to let everyone know the outcome on this. I ended up suing Adam Bailey for non payment and after all facts and evidence were shown in court, I won and he had to pay me.

Just goes to show that you can't draw judgment from just hearing one side of the story.
Yes, I had to pay you $3800 for a engine. Every juror I talked to said they knew you and your brother were full of **** but you had a receipt for a engine. They also said they wouldn’t of made me pay that if my lawyer had put my receipts from LSXPERTS in evidence but he didn’t. I didn’t chose the right attorney, my mistake. $50K later, the car is fixed and nothing y'all clowns did to it is on the car. You know good and well y’all lied like crazy the whole time y’all had my car. It’s in the past, that lil $3800 ain’t nothing to me and y’all still everything I said you was.

btw.. you sued me for about $7k.. why didn’t you get the rest? You failed to post that part? lol. You leaving that info out….
Old 10-02-2021, 04:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Screamin LS1 SS
Yes, I had to pay you $3800 for a engine. Every juror I talked to said they knew you and your brother were full of **** but you had a receipt for a engine. They also said they wouldn’t of made me pay that if my lawyer had put my receipts from LSXPERTS in evidence but he didn’t. I didn’t chose the right attorney, my mistake. $50K later, the car is fixed and nothing y'all clowns did to it is on the car. You know good and well y’all lied like crazy the whole time y’all had my car. It’s in the past, that lil $3800 ain’t nothing to me and y’all still everything I said you was.

btw.. you sued me for about $7k.. why didn’t you get the rest? You failed to post that part? lol. You leaving that info out….
👍🤣
Whatever makes you feel better.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Scott Culbert (gomer) and Wes Culbert