Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

My chevelle was stolen, please help me find her!!! Mooresville north carolina

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2022, 07:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1,948 Likes on 1,400 Posts

Very ..frankly I'm beginning to think this is a bunch of
The following users liked this post:
00PewterSS (04-25-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 09:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I have my doubts as well. How would that site have all those exact same photos? I don't know what is going on.
The following users liked this post:
madmike9396 (04-25-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 10:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 206 Likes on 125 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

anyone tried calling his phone # ? i don't think he would of put that if he weren't legit, but you never know these days.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:33 AM
TECH Junkie

LS1Tech 10 Year

So i sent the link provided by memeber 00PewterSS to the cell provided by OP. Dude is ecstatic. I hope he gets her back.
Old 04-25-2022, 01:43 PM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Good Afternoon Guys,

Thank you for being proactive on trying to help me find my car. I don't want to specifically name anyone but thank you again to the person who reached out to me via text this morning to alert me of what you found. I haven't been on here in a while because I have so many places I posted this it is hard to keep up with all of them.
I spent the last few hours digging online as well as contacting my insurance company and the police. The police dismissed this lead immediately stating that they already followed up on it weeks ago and that the pictures were pulled directly from my Ebay ad as sort of "automated advertisement." With that said, if you convert the website from French to English, my understanding of the services they offer are the following: They offer a service where classic cars are procured from the United States. The cars are then retitled in Canada (not sure why they would need that) and then shipped from the United States to Europe where they can be purchased. I'm not saying the cars they are obtaining from the US are stolen, I'm also not saying that they aren't. They also have a facebook page with much more detail if you enter the name of the business into facebook and a proper phone number (the one on the website does not work). So I am trying to piece all of this together. I am not sure why they are taking ad's and posting them as "coming soon" inventory. I don't honestly understand what is going on. What I can tell you is the scams have been strong. I've received about 30+ phone calls with people claiming they have the car, or they know where the car is, or the car was dropped off at their shop for service, but I am able to quickly rule them out because the first thing they want before they give any detail is money... lots of money. At this point there are no leads, I have scouted out everywhere in the immediate area that people might have seen the car, and the police also seem to have nothing although this is "an on-going investigation" so even if they did have info it is unlikely they would share it with me; Although I am not holding my breath. If any of you have any other ideas or see anything else like this please dm, email, text, or call me at 845-699-3150. I will follow up on this till the very end.

Thank you!
Old 04-25-2022, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I found that site from a reverse image google search. You might want to try that as it also finds cars that are similar in appearance. I wonder if someone scammed the site that was advertising your car? I'm confused also.

I've never had a car stolen, but I would be really upset if my Camaro or ATS-V were stolen.
Old 04-25-2022, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS
I found that site from a reverse image google search. You might want to try that as it also finds cars that are similar in appearance. I wonder if someone scammed the site that was advertising your car? I'm confused also.

I've never had a car stolen, but I would be really upset if my Camaro or ATS-V were stolen.
I was unaware I could do that. I just did. It turned up the same website that you guys posted. I will do it from time to time to see if it is posted anywhere else.
Old 04-28-2022, 07:57 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck in your search !
Old 05-01-2022, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Any updates on this?
Old 05-01-2022, 07:23 PM
Launching!

Waiting to hear back from the insurance company's investigation unit. Haven't heard anything from police.
Old 05-01-2022, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Hope you get some good news!
Old 05-01-2022, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 480 Likes on 370 Posts

Hope you get lucky, in my state(Oregon/Portland specifically) they don't even investigate car theft, its a 500 dollar ticket for un-lawful use of a vehicle..

Last time I had a car stolen (1985 Toyota 4x4 I was the original owner) the check showed up like 5 days after the theft, with a letter that said I had to call them if the car was recovered. My cousin drives a tow truck and saw it in a parking lot, he recovered it for me.. I got to keep 2200 to repair the dash, replace the wheels and tires and fix the driver door had to give back 2800..

Old 05-05-2022, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Well unfortunately I don't have any good news. I keep reaching out to different agencies and the general consensus now is that the car probably was shipped. Of course the police department that's supposed to be investigating it doesn't believe that's the case but they are clearly in over their head so. Many lessons learned on this one. It really does matter what department shows up when you call 911. Anyway, from what I can tell, all the information posted above was removed from their site. My opinion is that means one of two things happened. 1. We all reached out to them, they got spooked, and removed the ad. 2. The car has been sold and has a new home.

I want to start trying to find some Canadian and European Chevelle forums and start posting there, but ultimately I think its time to try and work something out with the insurance company, and start packing up to move the f*&k out of this place.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:59 AM
TECH Junkie

LS1Tech 10 Year

Man that sucks to hear.

Originally Posted by Danspeed1
Well unfortunately I don't have any good news. I keep reaching out to different agencies and the general consensus now is that the car probably was shipped. Of course the police department that's supposed to be investigating it doesn't believe that's the case but they are clearly in over their head so. Many lessons learned on this one. It really does matter what department shows up when you call 911. Anyway, from what I can tell, all the information posted above was removed from their site. My opinion is that means one of two things happened. 1. We all reached out to them, they got spooked, and removed the ad. 2. The car has been sold and has a new home.

I want to start trying to find some Canadian and European Chevelle forums and start posting there, but ultimately I think its time to try and work something out with the insurance company, and start packing up to move the f*&k out of this place.

Quick Reply: My chevelle was stolen, please help me find her!!! Mooresville north carolina