Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Got pulled over for my TSP True Duals. Cop said it was illegal. What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 06:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR2877
Yesterday on my way to work I got pulled over. He asked me a few questions then told me my exhaust didn't have enough clearance and it didn't go back far enough. He said it needs to go pass the passenger compartment including the trunk. He didn't say anything about being to loud or anything. I was keeping it quiet cause I knew he was back there. I really love the way they sound and I don't want to take them off so what are my options? Maybe some pipes that go to the back or something. He didn't give me a ticket but he did say that if I ran into a cop that didn't like cars he could impound it. I asked him what if I see you again are you going to he said probably not. What do you guys think? This was in Gwinnett.

THAT COPS PULLING YOUR DICK **** HIM EVEN THOUGH HE DIDIINT GIVE YOU A TICKET WHEN YOU LEFT YOU SHOUD HAVE DUMPED THE DAM CLUTCH AND GAVE IT HELL
Old 12-07-2004, 11:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by ruck98
THAT COPS PULLING YOUR DICK **** HIM EVEN THOUGH HE DIDIINT GIVE YOU A TICKET WHEN YOU LEFT YOU SHOUD HAVE DUMPED THE DAM CLUTCH AND GAVE IT HELL
More reading, less posting. Thanks.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where in Gwinett was this? I'm in Lawrenceville.... 3" LT's, x-pipe, TD's dumped and have never been stopped for an exhaust(or lack thereof)issue..... as far as that goes, most of the good 'ol boy L'ville cops will wave when they go by. Even overheard one motorcycle cop tell his buddy at an intersection, "Now that sounds good". The way my luck runs, I figured(expected)to be "punished" for my blatent disregard for the law/EPA a LONG time ago.

Give Skip @ Exhaust Wizzard a call. He and Newton did my system, and can fix you up over the axle. Tell him Mike w/the Pewter WS6 sent you.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:06 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know what really sucks? You can have a loud as hell Harley -Davidson and not get screwed, but a loud car? Nope. I like bikes but it doesn't seem really fair.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LowETz
Where in Gwinett was this? I'm in Lawrenceville.... 3" LT's, x-pipe, TD's dumped and have never been stopped for an exhaust(or lack thereof)issue..... as far as that goes, most of the good 'ol boy L'ville cops will wave when they go by. Even overheard one motorcycle cop tell his buddy at an intersection, "Now that sounds good". The way my luck runs, I figured(expected)to be "punished" for my blatent disregard for the law/EPA a LONG time ago.

Give Skip @ Exhaust Wizzard a call. He and Newton did my system, and can fix you up over the axle. Tell him Mike w/the Pewter WS6 sent you.
It was near Sugarloaf and HWY 20. He pulled me over at SR124.
I went to skip and he ran it under the axle for me and put on my SFC. The price was great too. I will try to have some pics up this weekend. It looks sweet I got it done a little different.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:27 PM
Possible Scammer - Buyer Beware - Issues Unresolved

dummy pipes

Quick Reply: Got pulled over for my TSP True Duals. Cop said it was illegal. What should I do?