Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

anyone tuned by fbodymotorsports in charlotte?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone tuned by fbodymotorsports in charlotte?

anyone had a tune done by fbodymotorsports in charlotte, NC? i've read a couple of mixed reviews on their tune capability, and just want to see if anyone has recently gotten a tune by them and can chime in. i haven't been in this area all that long, and the only other performance shop i know of is CPRacing, but i think they mostly do fords. i had CPRacing dyno my ride on their dyno dymanics machine already and they seemed like good people. could be wrong. anyone??
Old 05-10-2005, 05:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've heard the same... some people like their results and others don't. MORE Performance is in the area as well, I've been told by many people that's where I need to get mine tuned after the Heads/Cam install so I'm going to give them a try
Old 05-10-2005, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

If anyone is coming to the F-body Gathering in Atlanta, I will be doing some tuning there and I can tune it for you.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had my car tuned by them a looong time ago and only have 2 words to say... "STAY AWAY!!!" she has no idea what she's doing. No offense to them but she litterally had no clue at all what she was doing, she wasn't worried about ltrims because "they didn't matter" "all that matters are your O2 readings" according to them!!

-Sly
Old 05-10-2005, 06:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

They are good people but I also wouldn't have them tune a cammed car. More did car and they are about the only people in charlotte that could prolly do a deceant job.

I have heard that Becky does a good job as well it might be a little bit of a drive but if it comes out good then it will be worth it.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Becky does great tuning! Definately one of the best if you ask me, she has spent 100's of hours doing research (from my understanding). Like SSPrayn said, the people at FBodyMotorsports are great people, just don't let them tune your car! I would let them do minor things like turn off codes, change rear gear ratio but nothing else.

-Sly
Old 05-10-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Lady Redhawk
If anyone is coming to the F-body Gathering in Atlanta, I will be doing some tuning there and I can tune it for you.
Would you be able to do some minor tuning on my '99 at the gathering? If so how much would you charge to turn off my emissions codes, possibly gear ratio (If I get a chance to install the new rear by then) and some minor tuning for my headers if any is needed?
Old 05-10-2005, 06:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SupahRich
Would you be able to do some minor tuning on my '99 at the gathering? If so how much would you charge to turn off my emissions codes, possibly gear ratio (If I get a chance to install the new rear by then) and some minor tuning for my headers if any is needed?
I just sent you a pm.

We can get you more HP from those headers with the tune too. Without tuning you are probably leaving a lot on the table....
Old 05-10-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

Dang SupahRich......I just read your sig ....how much of your "winter install" have you been able to do. You diff need a tune for all that! lol

SSPrayn, Sly.....thanks for the props!
Old 05-10-2005, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have edit myself but Becky has been a big help in steering me in the right direction with it. She knows her stuff when it comes to tuning. Just read her sig. It was all done by themselves. I know I bother her alot about mine, cause if there is a problem with it she is the first one I call for help.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00SS4780
I have edit myself but Becky has been a big help in steering me in the right direction with it. She knows her stuff when it comes to tuning. Just read her sig. It was all done by themselves. I know I bother her alot about mine, cause if there is a problem with it she is the first one I call for help.
Same here. I have HPTuners, but Becky has always been helpful in pointing me in the right direction with it. I would certainly rather have her tune my car than either F-Body Motorsports or More Performance.

Josh
Old 05-10-2005, 10:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SSprayn
They are good people but I also wouldn't have them tune a cammed car. More did car and they are about the only people in charlotte that could prolly do a deceant job.

I have heard that Becky does a good job as well it might be a little bit of a drive but if it comes out good then it will be worth it.

More Performance is in my response area. we always get noise complaint calls from the neighbors complaining they are too loud! Guess they don't appreciate the sweet sound of power. I thought they just did NASCAR stuff. What did it run ya for a tune, if i may ask? i'm about to install some kooks and some duals, but i'm running rich already ( around 11.3 AFR), so i know it'll be worse after the LT's. My immediate concerns are just to get my AFR bumped up some.

SLY--yes, I believe I read a post from you while researching where you mentioned some issues when a tune by then, that's why I brought it up.

Lady Red- do you guys have a shop in Hendersonville? Don't think i'm gonna make atlanta.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:09 PM
TECH Resident

1 more here for Lady redhawk shes a excellent tuner
Old 05-10-2005, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

What about hawks third gen? Ive heard they do some of the best work of anyone around. Very nice guys and they seem to know their stuff. I was considering having them swap in an LS1/T56 into my 3rd gen and they sent me bundles of info and were willing to answer my questions all day long. Good folks check em out at hawksthirdgenparts.com they do 4th gens too btw
Old 05-11-2005, 01:29 AM
Staging Lane

also, are any of you NC guys/gals having any issues with the emission testing here and your mods (cam/heads/ LT's....etc). Don't want to be throwing a bunch of stuff into my car and it not make the sniff test! thx.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:03 AM
TECH Addict

Nope no sniff testing here YET! Just reading the computer for codes. But with the tune you can turn all the codes off. Mine just got inspected a few months back and no problems. They did ask if I had cats on it and I just .
Old 05-11-2005, 07:05 AM
TECH Addict

I will say the More does a good job. I know a few cars from there. I just know that you will get the same treatment from Lady Redhawk that you would from them or better.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

I paid 600 for my dyno tune. but considering I converted to a speed density tune 600 isn't that bad at all cause they are hell to part throttle tune. And we picked up almost 30 more rwhp with 2 lbs less of boost when they tuned the car, so I was happy with mine.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JAvenger007
What about hawks third gen? Ive heard they do some of the best work of anyone around. Very nice guys and they seem to know their stuff. I was considering having them swap in an LS1/T56 into my 3rd gen and they sent me bundles of info and were willing to answer my questions all day long. Good folks check em out at hawksthirdgenparts.com they do 4th gens too btw
They do some good stuff. Did a heck of a job on my clutch install and the price couldnt be beat. I know he has HP Tuners and has tuned a few cars. I believe the guy at fbodymotorsports and the guy at hawks are brothers fyi.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:15 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SidewayzOZ
They do some good stuff. Did a heck of a job on my clutch install and the price couldnt be beat. I know he has HP Tuners and has tuned a few cars. I believe the guy at fbodymotorsports and the guy at hawks are brothers fyi.
I coulda beat it!!

Quick Reply: anyone tuned by fbodymotorsports in charlotte?