Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Chassis dyno near Nashville?

Old 08-22-2005, 11:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Chassis dyno near Nashville?

Can anyone recommend a chassis dyno near Nashville? Either Nashville proper or south of there as far as 50 miles would be ideal.

Thanks.

Last edited by jyeager; 08-23-2005 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:36 AM
Launching!

There are currently 2 that I know of... Neither one is the greatest out there, but would suffice depending on what you want.

I would only go to one of them though. Performance Garage is located in Smyrna which is off of I-24 toward Chattanooga from Nashville. Guy who owns it is a super nice guy. Only problem is that you have to call to get an appointment and he can be hard to get ahold of at times. He has a Dynojet.

The other place, I wouldn't personally take my car to. Delk Performance is the place and they specialize in Mustang stuff, but have recently gone into working on LS1/LT1 cars... not impressed. Turbo LS1 car that dynoed just over 500 rwhp... built motor, heads/cam and t76... yeah... They have a Mustang dyno...

If TEA was still in Bowling Green I would advise you to go there and dyno, but they aren't... in Akron Ohio now...

Best bet is Performance Garage. Inground Dynojet... Chris is pretty good at running the dyno... just don't know if he is actually tuning yet if you need that.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:41 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for that info. I had a friend recommend Performance Garage too.
Why is it that you don't recommend Delk? If it's because they are Ford guys then that's actually good because this is a Ford tow vehicle that needs to be tuned. If they know their ford stuff then I might want to go there. If you know of some deficiency in their services then please let me know.

Thanks.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Launching!

I have never had work done there... and they have some decent Mustangs come out of the shop... but not much that I would write home about. I just got a creepy feeling talking to some of the guys one day. I know that sounds wierd, but I just didn't have a great sense of assurnance. Now for dynoing and tuning a Ford... yeah I'd probably think about going there.

I know a couple stories, but one stands out in my mind... Friend had a good buddy of his bring his SN95 Cobra down to have a SC put on it... flew down to take it for a test drive... motor locked up at the end of the road... the guy had never gotten on it... PROBLEM... no oil in the motor. They let him take it out before they filled it up, then tried to blame it on him b/c he didn't check it. Now I heard this story 2nd hand through my friend who has done work w/ them before and after that.

I have no first hand experience, just have heard things through friends, and can say that no one I know w/ an fbody would ever take their car there. Fords is a different story though... so thats up to you. They would probably be fine for dynoing and tuning. IIRC they don't let you dyno the car though... they have to do it.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks Chris, I appreciate your advice.

No oil! That could happen to me. When I change the oil I check, double check, and triple check the drain plug and the oil level before I crank. In the end did they cover that motor?
Old 11-10-2012, 10:09 AM

I'm up near Clarksville with my 71' Monte Carlo I just replaced the tired 350 with a built 468BB and looking for a good chassis dyno shop. Is performance the closest place in the area?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chassis dyno near Nashville?