Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Needing tune with true dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 12:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needing tune with true dual exhaust

I'm looking at doing a true dual setup but before I spend the money I was wanting to find someone or somewhere that could tune it after installation. I live in south central Kentucky but I'm also around Nashville about every 2 weeks. I'll still have the stock headers and cats installed. I'm doing it on a 98 Z. Stock except for the mti airlid and k&n filter. Would I even need to have it tuned afterwards? Appreciate any help, Thanks
Old 09-23-2005, 06:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

are you going to eventually do a cam/heads/nitrous. the reason why I say this is b/c if you spend money to tune it now. you will need to tune it later once you get all of the other mods installed. will it help. proly a little bit. but I didnt do it and mine ran fine. only thing I did was delete the rear 02's, skip shift and that was it. now are you installing headers as well or just coming off of the stock exhaust manifolds? if you are getting headers then it might be a thought. but like I said mine ran fine. with all the bolt on's plus hooker long tube headers to an xpipe and bullet mufflers w/turndowns
Old 09-23-2005, 08:38 AM
Launching!

I don't plan on doing a cam or head install. I've just been doing search here to find info and everyone with duals had long tubes. I got underneath the car to take a closer look and it seems that long tubes are the way to go, so scratch the car still having the cats.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

A tune will help 5-15hp and a much better a/f ratio. Like stated above it is a waste if you plan on doin other mods. It is not a must, you can drive it without a tune til you get the cash no prob.

Quick Reply: Needing tune with true dual exhaust