Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Looking For Jeep

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 11:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Looking For Jeep

Well seeing that people can't seem to keep their hands to theirselves and play with their own toys, I am in search for a new car as a daily driver. I had a pretty awesome Jeep before I had my SS, and I really miss it. So now I am looking for a Jeep that is pretty cheap to use as a daily driver so I can keep my SS in the garage all the time and just use it as a weekend car. My only real restrictions are that it has to have the 4.0L inline 6 motor, 5-speed transmission, and four-wheel-drive. I'd like to have the Wrangler style, with the TJ (latest model with round headlights) being my primary choice. Then the YJ (previous model with square headlights) and then the CJ (older round headlights model). A Cherokee is also in mind (still need inline-6, 5-speed, and four-wheel-drive with one of those as well. I might consider an automatic with the Cherokee, though).

I personally think the YJ or a Cherokee will best fit my needs. It won't be the newest model out (therefore being cheaper), but it will still retain newer computer options such as fuel injection compared to the CJ. So if anyone has a Jeep that they would like to sell at a pretty low price or knows of anyone, please let me know...I'd really appreciate it!

-Tyler
Old 08-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Banned

You could probably find a high mile Z/28 or Trans Am for less than a decent (reliable) Jeep would cost.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

I kind of miss the off-road scene though.

I mean I guess I could build one of these badboys...

A Jeep is just something I would like to have, but the more I look at it, the more expensive they have become since I had mine. Any ideas on something I could take off-roading for pretty cheap?
Old 08-12-2006, 01:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by spazzyfry123
I kind of miss the off-road scene though.

I mean I guess I could build one of these badboys...

A Jeep is just something I would like to have, but the more I look at it, the more expensive they have become since I had mine. Any ideas on something I could take off-roading for pretty cheap?
4-wheel drive older Toyota pickup. My uncle had one with a mild lift that was awesome. Even for a 4cyl his was a good off-road truck. Also, they are smaller trucks which means you can get into close to the same places as Jeeps.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

It's funny that you mention that, David. I have been looking pretty heavily into those as well. It seems that my only two options are either one of those Toyota trucks, or a Cherokee (since both seem to be in my price area). When I was looking for Jeeps and seeing their high prices, I thought back to the movie "Back to the Future" and remembered McFly's truck. That thing was bad!

Old 08-13-2006, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

How modded can it be?! My brother has a 4.0L 99 XJ he is considering selling. Around 8-10 inches of lift, custom 4-link on coil springs in the rear, 35's, winch, sliders, built axles, etc..... You might have seen it before if you've been around Buford for awhile since he lives in Lawrenceville. It's maroon with a roofrack and spare on top.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by B18B1LS1
How modded can it be?! My brother has a 4.0L 99 XJ he is considering selling. Around 8-10 inches of lift, custom 4-link on coil springs in the rear, 35's, winch, sliders, built axles, etc..... You might have seen it before if you've been around Buford for awhile since he lives in Lawrenceville. It's maroon with a roofrack and spare on top.
I like modded Jeeps...

A little more info on it would be nice.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's a '99 4.0L auto XJ with 139,000 miles. Power windows, power door locks, and cruise control. It's Maroon with dark grey interior. The lift kit started life as a rubicon Express kit, now it's "modified" and sits at about a 10.5" lift. The rear leafs were removed for a custom 4-link suspension on coils with limiting straps. The rear axle has the Yukon Super 35 kit with Detroit locker. Front and rear has Yukon 4:88 gears. Earl's stainless steel brake lines. Custom built rear drive-shaft. Has the Rusty's oversized trac bar. ARB front bumper with the Warn XP 9.5 winch. It has 4 Hella 550 lights, 2 pencil beams and 2 fog beams. Curco roof rack with full size spare and matching wheel. Custom made rear bumper with reciever built-in, custom rock sliders on the sides. It has 35" MTR's on 15x8 black wagon wheels. An ARB Safari snorkel. An Optima red top battery. New door and sound bar speakers, both Sony X-plodes with a Clarion cd head unit.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Jeffrey
Old 08-13-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

It sounds pretty snazzy...How much is your bro asking for it?
Old 08-13-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

Also, do you have any pictures? If you could, e-mail them to spazzyfry123@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Old 08-13-2006, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

For the record I think he's crazy, he has ALOT more in it, but it's his so whatever, he said (changed to pm ) takes it.

Last edited by B18B1LS1; 08-13-2006 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here are a couple of decent pictures of it flexing out a little bit. I can snap some more non-action pics tomorrow if your still interested.

Old 08-13-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

Ah...Very interested in that case. Right in my price range. I don't live too far away from you, maybe I could come check it out sometime soon?

If you could, e-mail me some pictures very soon. I am trying to make a deal relatively quick.

If you don't mind, could we PM back and forth instead of using the open forum (IE: prices and such)? I would like to keep this Jeep in my hands before someone else comes and snags it from me. I've had too many people buy things out from under me, and I wouldn't want this to be one of them seeing this is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for at the right price AND right next to my house.

Last edited by spazzyfry123; 08-13-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I understand that. Will do.