Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Car Enthusiast in NEED of Suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 12:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arrow Car Enthusiast in NEED of Suggestions.

This may get long, but I trust my fellow car enthusiast's to help point me in the right direction so stay with me on this.
My passion is working on cars, trucks, etc in pursuit of making them better in some kind of way no matter what it is. My current profession I love to do, but it's not my passion and has become just a job now. What I'm wanting to do right now is start up a side business that involves performance upgrades and customizing in hopes of turning it into a business later down the road. I have many personal contacts that I'm involved with in many automotive fields like what I'm aiming at doing so I have learned alot in my 14yrs of mechanicing and customizing. The only thing I don't have experience in is computer tuning on the OBD II's because I don't have the software, but am about to get it so that I can play with my own F-Body to learn and then use that knowledge on other vehicles. Once again I have friends with the software and the know how so learning won't take long on this. When it comes to my vehicle or whomever's I work on I'm very picky to the point that when I'm working on a friends vehicle they usually end up not helping because they want to halfass it and I won't let them. I like things clean and done right and there is no exception to this for me.
Now, enough about me here is my question: If you could take your vehicle to someone who would treat it like it was their's, do quality work at such a reasonable price that you actually felt like you were screwing them. Would you? Whether it be a cam ( anything ), heads ( anything ), exhaust ( preferably bolt on, but can do welded ), transmissions ( to an extent ), suspension ( cars/ trucks/ air bags/ lowering/ lifting/ etc ), wheels ( anything ), audio ( anything ), or any other supporting mods that go with them. One thing to add is that I do have my own 30'x40' shop that I work out of on the side so there is security for your baby at night and to ensure you that it won't be getting worked on under a tree lol. I would appreciate your thoughts or suggestions on this because I'm getting tired of my stressful job and doing these things I've described is a stress reliever and I enjoy the hell out of it.
If after reading this you decide to give me a try I'm located in Minden, La which is about 35 min east of shreveport, 45 min west of Monroe, and 45 min south of Magnolia, AR. You can reach me on my personal cell phone # 318-268-0184 and my name is Josh.