Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Nov. 17th Red River Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 10:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you index race you HAVE to be dead on your index or you will lose very quick<hint>why index did not last at RRR. People want to bracket race vs. index. Index makes you slow your car down or spend more money to go faster and i don't know anyone that wants to slow their car down or have money to blow to run dead on their index.

Bracket racing is more fun along with a heads up class with a Pro tree to give the slower car the chance to tree the faster car and make him chase him or her down.

I heard that someone was told to park their car after running a 10.90 pass for not having a cage,fire jacket or 5 pt. harness? I was told to wear my fire jacket a few weeks back after making a motor pass or i would have to leave,so i guess they are going to start putting the smack down on safety equipment next year.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:30 PM
12 Second Club

I didn't hear of anyone being asked to leave in our group, but I could have missed something. I stayed in the stage lanes and walked with Bobby (tech) to all of our bracket racer cars for all the passes. Everyone was good, I did hear him get on another driver not with us in a vert about a helmet, but he let him run. There was a car not in our group that T boned the wall, so safety in all cars should be an issue.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by StreetStalkerZ
When you index race you HAVE to be dead on your index or you will lose very quick<hint>why index did not last at RRR. People want to bracket race vs. index. Index makes you slow your car down or spend more money to go faster and i don't know anyone that wants to slow their car down or have money to blow to run dead on their index.

Bracket racing is more fun along with a heads up class with a Pro tree to give the slower car the chance to tree the faster car and make him chase him or her down.
This is why I say bracket racing is the only way to go. Unless we can get 75 cars to race we'll never beable to make 4-5 different classes.

I think if we are going to try to run some races next year we should start making some rules now and get everyone that is interested in doing this involved not just Wayne, Scott and myself.
We should start with 2 classes and go from there.

1 Bracket class
2 Heads up

That way when you get to the track you decide what class to run in at the gate. I wouldn't think we'd have any problem getting atleast 20-30 cars. We had 10-12 bracket cars and another 10-15 just sitting in the parking lot (Wayne)

Last edited by cainsw; 11-22-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

what track is open on 11-30-07 or 12-1-07
Old 11-24-2007, 07:08 PM
12 Second Club

Default Temperature

Originally Posted by regency
what track is open on 11-30-07 or 12-1-07
When the track temperature is below 50* it's hard to find one open. That is why most of us just work on the cars til spring gets here

Quick Reply: Nov. 17th Red River Raceway