Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

LSU at BAMA FOR SEC WEST TOP SPOT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 04:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSU at BAMA FOR SEC WEST TOP SPOT!!!!

so its set Alabama and LSU to play at Alabama for SEC West top spot so far it has been a very competative season in the SEC every team in the SEC has shown that on any given saturday it can play with the best in the country. From the cellar of the SEC east Vandy gave the Leader of the eastern division of the SEC South Carolina all they could handle and beat them. Just proving how tough the SEC is all around. But this weekend the big game will be LSU at Bama. This will be a huge game for many reasons. some of which being

1. Leader of the SEC West will be determined
2. Nick Saban will coach against a team that he just a few years back lead to a national championship.
3. Bama can show that for the first time in a while they have a team capable of winning the SEC and going to a BCS game.

i would have told you a few weeks back the Bama doesn't look to have what it takes against LSU but LSU has show in the games against Kentucky and Auburn that they do have weaknesses, and Bama is coming off a huge win against SEC rivals Tennessee, but even so LSU looks to be the tougher opponent but maybe playing in Bryant Denny Stadium will give the Tide the edge that they need to get past LSU.

so some may disagree but the fact is that the LSU and Bama game will decide who is on top in the Western division and Looks like the winner of this game may very well play in the SEC Championship game. One can only speculate so many outcomes but one things for sure their will be another bigtime SEC matchup come saturday.

Last edited by MadMike 97 Z28; 10-22-2007 at 04:24 AM.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LSU all the way!! LSU has had a very tough season so far 5 of the 8 games have been ranked teams all within the top 18 so this off week is very much needed. None the less should be a very intresting game. That is if we can learn to start catching the ball and cutout half of these un called for penalties. If Bama was to win, I just dont see them being able to run with FL in the SEC Championship. If FL makes it which Im sure they will.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:59 PM
Launching!

roll tide if we play the way we did on sat we have a good chance on winning and LSU luck has to run out someday hopefully it will be against bama ROLL TIDE ROLL
Old 10-22-2007, 04:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01trans am
LSU luck has to run out someday hopefully it will be against bama ROLL TIDE ROLL
It already has. You forget about Kentucky?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Launching!

true but hopefully it will happen again
Old 10-23-2007, 07:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
It already has. You forget about Kentucky?
i dont know if that was luck kentucky is really good i cant believe that they lost to Florida.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Rollll Tide
Old 10-23-2007, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

Go Tigers!!!
Oh wait... it's GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Bama will be the team to beat within the next two years once Sabin has his program set in. For now my money is on LSU. Now if Miles is not stolen by another team after this season (Michigan) and stays at LSU we'll see... Either way you can't beat SEC football!
Steve...
Old 10-23-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Theirs still like 4 or 5games left...even if Alabama wins i dont think it would wrap up the western division yet...LSU still has to play Ole Miss and Arkansas...

LSU is lookin for blood with Saben lol one thing is for sure though, if they dont stop playing perilloux every time they get a rhythm going they are gonna have problems and also they have GOT to get their passing game back up to where it used to be. You cant win games by just running the ball every play...

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 01:21 AM
TECH Regular

wow what a crazy week in the SEC Kentucky loses to Miss State, Georgia beats Florida, and Tennessee beats South Carolina. the SEC is clearly one of the most competative confrences in the NCAA.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Teching In

All I can say is ROLL TIDE!!

I dont know how this game is going to turn out.. Bama and LSU both have proven that on any given Saturday you could get their best.. or damn near their worst. One thing is for sure.. there will be a lot of players in the trainers office Sunday morning.. on both teams.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

Well I think Bama has the edge this week. Most of LSU players are Saban recruits, so he knows their strengths and weakness, plus the home field advantage. I live in the Baton Rouge area and love LSU football, but seeing the last three games that have all been decided in the final drives, I think it will be tough to win at Tuscaloosa. But, I will be bleeding purple and gold again!!! Go TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 07:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake hunter
Most of LSU players are Saban recruits,
See I think this statement is bull **** and Im sick of hearing it and reading it. Read this article from todays "Birmingham News" I think it explains things very well.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psst. Here's some exclusive inside information on the inaugural Saban Bowl.

Les Miles can't win.

Book it. Bank it. Bet the house on it.

When LSU beats Alabama, right there in Bryant-Denny-Saban Stadium, in front of God and the Bear and everybody, someone is going to slap an asterisk on that accomplishment before the first miniature whiskey bottle falls to earth.

When LSU proves itself the best team in the division, the conference and the country with a road victory in the most emotional game of the year, someone is going to hand the LSU coach his hat.

It won't matter if it ends in regulation or three overtimes. It won't matter if it takes a gutsy/crazy touchdown pass on the last snap to finish it. It won't matter how it happens.

This is what's going to happen.

Someone is going to say LSU beat Nick Saban with Nick Saban's players.

Which means the Alabama coach is going to get credit for losing. And the LSU coach is going to get no credit for winning.

He should be used to it by now.

Which SEC football coach has the best record since the start of the 2005 season? Mark Richt is 25-9. Tommy Tuberville is 26-8. Urban Meyer is 27-7.

Miles is 29-5.

Bill Parcells says you are what your record says you are. What does his record at LSU say about Miles?

No one says Saban won the 2001 SEC championship, in his second year at LSU, with Gerry DiNardo's players. No one says Meyer won the 2006 BCS championship, in his second year at Florida, with Ron Zook's players.

No one said Alabama crushed Tennessee in the second half a week ago with Mike Shula's players.

Yet, when experts and analysts toss around the phrase "Saban's players," you can't be sure if they're talking about Wallace Gilberry and John Parker Wilson or Glenn Dorsey and Matt Flynn.

Did Saban and his LSU staff recruit most of the starters and contributors on this year's LSU team? Yes.

Has Saban been coaching these LSU players since New Year's Day 2005? Not unless he can teach "The Process" by long-distance telepathy.

It's about time people tipped their hats to Miles. He lost offensive line coach Stacy Searels to Georgia after last season. He hired Greg Studrawa from Bowling Green to replace him.

LSU runs for more yards a game this year than last year.

Miles lost offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher to Florida State after last season. He hired Gary Crowton from Oregon to replace him.

LSU gains more yards and scores more points a game than last year. Without the No. 1 NFL draft pick at quarterback.

Saban's LSU players, in their last 34 starts with Saban as their coach, won 26 games and lost 8. "Saban's players," in their first 34 starts with Miles as their coach, have won 29 games and lost 5.

On Saban's last snap as the LSU coach, Saban's players surrendered a long touchdown pass to lose the Capital One Bowl to Iowa.

On Miles' last snap, "Saban's players" tossed a long touchdown pass to beat Auburn in the Tiger Bowl.

Truth is, Miles is more than a caretaker. But it's more fun to slam a man with perception than praise him with the facts. So keep all that under your hat.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice quote... and accurate
Old 10-30-2007, 02:19 AM
Launching!

LSU all the way baby. Its kinda funny, i'm here in Las Vegas right now at the SEMA Show and I'v been wearing my LSU hat everywhere I go and its pretty cool at all the comments I get about LSU. Most of them are good but some re bad but what ever.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:11 PM
On The Tree

Hey Z, I never said Miles was not a great coach. Matter of fact he is doing a great job and I think he has done a better job with saban's recruits than saban would have. I was just stating a fact that he knows the strengths and weakness of the players he recruited. Facts are facts, whether you think it is bull or not, as stated in the article you quoted. Should be a great game, and my money's always on LSU. Great article BTW. The local media does not give Miles enough credit.

Last edited by snake hunter; 10-30-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:14 AM
Teching In

geaux tigers !!!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:19 AM
Teching In

LSU will go all the way!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

bama's fearing the thumb of a different tiger this year.... gonna be fun to watch auburn hang 6 on them too.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Teching In

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...92989309070612

Quick Reply: LSU at BAMA FOR SEC WEST TOP SPOT!!!!