Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Nashville guys here I come

Old 01-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nashville guys here I come

All,
I will be taking a job transfer to Nashville. Can any one give me some information on the area? I won't be moving until late march but am taking a trip or two down to find a house, etc in late january and february. Specifically, I was trying to find out the names of towns or zip codes in the area where I can purchase a house on a large lot (at least 1 acre but hoping for more). I don't mind being 30 to 45 minutes from downtown nashville. Just looking for names of cities or zip codes so I can plug into realtor.com. A friend told me about a town called Murfreesboro but I know nothing about the community. any help would be apprectiated. Oh, I am also looking for a shop to do some body work.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

I live in Gallatin(37066). Its about 45 mins. away from Nashville, and it is growing at a rapid pace. You can get a modest 3 bedroom home for about 90k, and they are usually in nice shape. There are a ton of auto-body shops here, if you go to yellowbook.com, you can see that there are 8-10 shops. Murfreesboro is to big for my liking, and a rather far drive IMO. You can find lots of 1 acres here all day long, especially Castalian Springs, which a short drive. Good Luck & tell me what you think.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Staging Lane

If I wanted a larger house (4+ bedrooms) and larger lot are gallatin and castalian springs still the place to be?
Old 01-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by itspossible01
If I wanted a larger house (4+ bedrooms) and larger lot are gallatin and castalian springs still the place to be?
Yes. If you kind of want to be away and still be 5 minutes away from a well populated city.

This is how far from Nashville.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...&2s=tn&2z=&r=f
Old 01-08-2008, 05:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I live in Clarksville also about 45 mins away, not to sure about the housing market up there but if you need a good tuner theres a guy in Smyrna his name is Jerry Onks #615-218-2823 that is great. If you google (performance garage Smyrna TN) it will come up. Just thought you might like to know.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tennz28
I live in Clarksville also about 45 mins away, not to sure about the housing market up there but if you need a good tuner theres a guy in Smyrna his name is Jerry Onks #615-218-2823 that is great. If you google (performance garage Smyrna TN) it will come up. Just thought you might like to know.
Thanks man. Its always good to know where cool places are like that. I might have to see that guy in a couple months.

Search this Thread