Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

somebody please

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default somebody please

somebody please get through to mustang owners that their little 4.6 cant handle an ls1. my buddy says he beats ls1's all the time but i know he is lying. he told me to get someone with a trans am or camaro to race him. so anyone wanna shut him up for me? anyone around the athens area of georgia?
Old 09-15-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

its impossible to try and convince a mustang guy that he cant run with a ls1, i have tried several times and beat several mustangs and it just dosent work.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea i hear ya! the other day he said lets just call it truce and just talk bad about ricers haha
Old 09-15-2008, 11:46 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Can't fix stupid.

Move on with your life.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:31 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

we install cams on late model GTs all the time (2 valve, not 3) and with cams and a tune, they make a whopping 300 to the rear wheels.

I love mustangs (just see my sig) but they just dont have the nuts to hang with the LS platform. period.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by j99fbody
its impossible to try and convince a mustang guy that he cant run with a ls1, i have tried several times and beat several mustangs and it just dosent work.
A few local Mustang guys think my car has heads/cam...they say its the only way I could get the times I have gotten.. (in my signature) I try to convince them my car has a stock motor but they won't listen...
Old 09-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mach 1s/Cobras and Gt500s will give any LS1s good runs even the unthinkable beat them.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jeff@SpectacleSolutions
we install cams on late model GTs all the time (2 valve, not 3) and with cams and a tune, they make a whopping 300 to the rear wheels.

I love mustangs (just see my sig) but they just dont have the nuts to hang with the LS platform. period.

imagine if you cammed and tuned an LS1 though. then what would you get? way more than 300 horses
Old 09-16-2008, 04:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dabest09
imagine if you cammed and tuned an LS1 though. then what would you get? way more than 300 horses
i'm not too far up the road from ya, if he wants to see if he can handle this little ls1
Old 09-16-2008, 04:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

thats exactly what I meant in my post.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 021less
i'm not too far up the road from ya, if he wants to see if he can handle this little ls1

hell yea come show him whats up! how far are you from athens?
Old 09-16-2008, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jeff@SpectacleSolutions
thats exactly what I meant in my post.
ok ok i got you now. lol. i do have some respect for the mach 1's cause they're not supercharged and its a small v8 but they dont get as good gas milage and dont look near as good as an f-body!
Old 09-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Banned

Default LS6 versus New supercharged Mustang

I kid you not...

yesterday I was on I-285 in my stock '01 Zo6 (I just had a great job interview and was feeling pretty good.)

This guy and his buddy in a Roush 427R pull up next to me and asks for a run...

I yelled out the window "sure" ... and then quickly he yelled back asking if I had mods.... I said "no."

(I started at about 3k rpm in 3rd gear)

I honk the horn only twice (he jumped the gun at the 2nd beep ) and I hear his supercharger whining up.

For the 1st second he was pulling (he got the jump) but after 2 seconds I had stopped the pull and was going past him until 3rd gear wound out when I was about 1 car in front of him and then powershifted 4th and kept pulling about halfway through 4th. I had to start slowing for traffic ahead and I'd say I was about 3-4 cars in front of him and it was getting worse for him quick by that point.

After about another 8th mile of casually cruising through traffic he rolls up next to me and says "there 'aint no way that thing is stock!"

I shrugged my shoulders and told him, "I swear to GOD...."

He gave me a nodded his head while smirking and his buddy gave me a thumbs up... and a gave him the peace symbol.... PEACE!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

somebody please get through to mustang owners that their little 4.6 cant handle an ls1. my buddy says he beats ls1's all the time but i know he is lying. he told me to get someone with a trans am or camaro to race him. so anyone wanna shut him up for me? anyone around the athens area of georgia?
I work in athens At heyward allen toyota.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:28 PM
10 Second Club

hell yea come show him whats up! how far are you from athens?
i'm about 45 minutes from ya in habersham.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:03 PM
JD1
Teching In

Well ****! Why dont you get your own car and race him yourself. No doubt a LS1 will absolutely rape a 4.6 Mustang in stock trim. But dont fool yourself into thinkin' every GT you come across is in stock trim. And I know, I know! Your LS1 aint stock. Well I tell ya what, you Athens boys bring those LS1's on down to SDR on November 22nd. I'll be there pimpin' pushrod power but two of the guys I'll be trackin down with will be in 4.6 Mustangs. Both are street cars and both are in excess of 3500 pounds. one is a low 10 second car and the other hasnt been down the 1/4 mile yet but its been 5.90's in the 1/8th. Some of you GM guys are just as bad as the Mustang guys! everything is a slow peice of **** except for what you drive. And before you go bashing me as a Ford *** I'll let ya know this. I may be there in my '86 Mustang. Or I might bring the '70 Nova or the '95 Z28. I like a little variety in my speed.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JD1
Well ****! Why dont you get your own car and race him yourself. No doubt a LS1 will absolutely rape a 4.6 Mustang in stock trim. But dont fool yourself into thinkin' every GT you come across is in stock trim. And I know, I know! Your LS1 aint stock. Well I tell ya what, you Athens boys bring those LS1's on down to SDR on November 22nd. I'll be there pimpin' pushrod power but two of the guys I'll be trackin down with will be in 4.6 Mustangs. Both are street cars and both are in excess of 3500 pounds. one is a low 10 second car and the other hasnt been down the 1/4 mile yet but its been 5.90's in the 1/8th. Some of you GM guys are just as bad as the Mustang guys! everything is a slow peice of **** except for what you drive. And before you go bashing me as a Ford *** I'll let ya know this. I may be there in my '86 Mustang. Or I might bring the '70 Nova or the '95 Z28. I like a little variety in my speed.
who is this??? i know it has to be someone from mce, cause lord willin i'll be there the 22nd, just not in the camaro, can't afford to haul it all the way down there this time, and who know's might not even have it then since it's up for sale, but i agree with ya, there are people in fbody's that think there **** as bad as f(*& stock, and i know they ain't, but stock for stock they will beat a stock gt by a long shot. I respect anything fast, especially american muscle, i've just always been a fbody fan. Hell there was a guy wanting to trade me an 04 cobra for my car and i would have done it if i wasn't trying to get out of some debt. And i probably know one of the cars you are talking about.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Whiteboy572ci
I work in athens At heyward allen toyota.
you know where barrow county is?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ~JOSHUA
I kid you not...

yesterday I was on I-285 in my stock '01 Zo6 (I just had a great job interview and was feeling pretty good.)

This guy and his buddy in a Roush 427R pull up next to me and asks for a run...

I yelled out the window "sure" ... and then quickly he yelled back asking if I had mods.... I said "no."

(I started at about 3k rpm in 3rd gear)

I honk the horn only twice (he jumped the gun at the 2nd beep ) and I hear his supercharger whining up.

For the 1st second he was pulling (he got the jump) but after 2 seconds I had stopped the pull and was going past him until 3rd gear wound out when I was about 1 car in front of him and then powershifted 4th and kept pulling about halfway through 4th. I had to start slowing for traffic ahead and I'd say I was about 3-4 cars in front of him and it was getting worse for him quick by that point.

After about another 8th mile of casually cruising through traffic he rolls up next to me and says "there 'aint no way that thing is stock!"

I shrugged my shoulders and told him, "I swear to GOD...."

He gave me a nodded his head while smirking and his buddy gave me a thumbs up... and a gave him the peace symbol.... PEACE!!!
i thought those 427's would be faster than you're saying. but hell i can believe it
Old 09-17-2008, 04:50 AM
Banned

i thought those 427's would be faster than you're saying. but hell i can believe it
If I'm lying about what I'm saying then my mother will burn in hell.

Truth.

It was a Roush 427R, he was in it (heard the blower) and he stayed deep in it until we slowed for traffic.

I bet he thinks I'm not stock... and I bet his feelings would be really hurt if he knew my Zo6 is "just" an '01.

Quick Reply: somebody please