Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

another ebay find. 2002 ZL1

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lust looked at your posting legacy, and it became painfully apparent the only reason you have a skull is to keep your ears from fighting-

Enjoy your car
Old 04-06-2009, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BigBake
Psssst but they are not true dealership cars, a Hendrick Edition SS is a true dealership car for example, maybe you should read up on them. Not some Tier group car that a dealership contracts out. Oooops another heritage faux pa.
All SS went to SLP, so what is your point? Thanks for pointing out the flaw in your logic. The only person in denial seems to be you, this subject seems to be out of your grasp for understanding.

It seems you're the one who's confused since the Hendrick cars were built by SLP. So it seems they are not a true dealership car either.

Maybe you should do the reading up
Old 04-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by waldershrek
It seems you're the one who's confused since the Hendrick cars were built by SLP. So it seems they are not a true dealership car either.

Maybe you should do the reading up
Far from it, all SS went to SLP for the hood and tail with a few other upgrades. They were not however sent to another tier group to get modified further like a GMMG car for example. Two entirely different processes and two completely different tier groups at work here. Come back when you know something.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

Not even 1500 miles, and after almost 5 years since Matt Murphy and GMMG did the mods. These ZL1 cars were built to run, not be garage queens. The owners probably selling before the next wave of 2010 GMMG Berger Camaros arrive.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default another ebay find. 2002 ZL1

Far from it, all SS went to SLP for the hood and tail with a few other upgrades. They were not however sent to another tier group to get modified further like a GMMG car for example. Two entirely different processes and two completely different tier groups at work here. Come back when you know something.

Well BigBake........................I have been reading this thread and chuckling all the while at your definite lack of knowledge.

The modifications to the GMMG cars are very similar to what SLP did to their cars. Keep in mind that these cars weren't sent to SLP first and then on to GMMG for further modifications. For example..............my ZL1 was produced as a B4C Camaro and then shipped by rail from GM to GMMG. It didn't even go to the dealer (Berger Chevrolet) first.

While not trying to be rude to you....................but I have to agree with the others, get your facts straight first.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Everyone thinks they know everything while sitting infront of a computer.....

BigBake- I recommend you and do some reading vs. getting your post count up.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:25 PM
TECH Addict

You're officially a 'tard

* There are nine Hendrick Motorsports LT4 Special Edition Camaro SS's.
* The 1997 30th Anniversary LT4 SS's are SLP car #'s 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 16, 23, 43 and 71.
* The #1 SS LT4 was Rick Hendrick's personal car (do not know where this car is).
* The Hendrick Autogroup owns eight Chevrolet dealerships so each dealership sold one of the HMS Camaros to the public.
* Dealerships were: City Chevrolet, Rick Hendrick Chevrolet (Durham, NC), Hendrick Automall, Performance Chevrolet, Colonial Chevrolet, Superior Chevrolet, Rick Hendrick Chevrolet (Charleston, SC) and Quality Automotive.
* My LT4 SS was origianly sold from Performance Chevrolet.
* MSRP was $47,250 - I believe they all sold for over $50,000.
* All nine were delivered at the same time at a gala affair on June 25, 1997 held at Hendrick MS Headquarters.
* Airfare and accomodations included.
* The delivery was to occur at Charlotte Motor Speedway but it was booked.
* Many of the nine cars are signed by SLP members, Hendrick, and some Nascar Drivers.
* Purchasers had lunch with Rick Hendrick and Terry LaBonte
* Jeff Gordon and Ricky Craven were a day late, and very few cars have their signature.
* Matt Murphy was with SLP when this program was run.
* Changes to the car are mostly appearance
* Embroidered LT4 Mats
* Hendrick LT4 Dash Plaque
* Hendrick Key Fobs
* Hendrick LT4 & SS Car Cover
* Hendrick LT4 Special Edition Sail Panel Badges
* Dual Dual Performance Exhaust
* Level III Sport Suspension
* Came with a short video of them being built at SLP
Originally Posted by David Hamburger
Here are a few images of the Hendrick unveil. First shot is the vehicles under their covers. Second is a random owner pulling the cover off of his Hendrick SS and the last is a group shot with Rick Hendrick, his crew and the Hendrick SS owners:

-Dave Hamburger
Old 04-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02_Phase2_ZL1
Well BigBake........................I have been reading this thread and chuckling all the while at your definite lack of knowledge.

The modifications to the GMMG cars are very similar to what SLP did to their cars. Keep in mind that these cars weren't sent to SLP first and then on to GMMG for further modifications. For example..............my ZL1 was produced as a B4C Camaro and then shipped by rail from GM to GMMG. It didn't even go to the dealer (Berger Chevrolet) first.

While not trying to be rude to you....................but I have to agree with the others, get your facts straight first.
Good for you, but the ZL1 was not what I was addressing. Not to be rude an all but maybe read everything in context and understand what is being said and not jump to hasty conclusions. The ZL1 never started life as an SS, my statement was directly about cars that did because the subject I was addressing was specificlly SLP and Hendrick Edition. GMMG products like the Ernhardt and Tom Henry for example were exactly as I stated. The first young man wanted to contradict my statement about the Hendrick Edition SS, thus how we got on the subject about SS and SLP, it was no longer a discussion about the ZL1.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Launching!

You're officially a 'tard
Funny the guy posting about Anniversary Special Edition LT4’s calling me a tard. Get a clue, that is not the Hendricks Edition SS that I am talking about. Wrong car bozo! By the way what exactly does that post prove? It surely has nothing in it rebutting my statment that all SS went to SLP.

Last edited by BigBake; 04-06-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:38 PM
TECH Addict

All the info and pictures I posted are the Hendrick Edition SS which was built by SLP. What the hell are you talking about!?
Old 04-06-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Addict

This was your original statement which shows how much you know since the GMMG cars like has already been said went from GM directly to GMMG with GM's approval.

Then you proceeded to tell me the info and pictures I posted are not Hendrick cars which further shows your knowledge about this subject. People like you are the reason there is so much misinformation about these cars in the first place.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Launching!

All the info and pictures I posted are the Hendrick Edition SS which was built by SLP. What the hell are you talking about!?

Ok and how does that prove anything wrong. I have stated that all SS went to SLP from the factory. There is no way around that, the difference between the Hendrick cars was they came from SLP that way, they did not go to another tier group to be modified further like the Tom Henry or the Ernhardt. That was all I was saying.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Launching!

This was your original statement which shows how much you know since the GMMG cars like has already been said went from GM directly to GMMG with GM's approval.
Read it in context, I said that as a rebuttal about the Hendrick Edition SS. I did not say all GMMG cars, further just as it has been brought up the ZL1 was never an SS. I cannot help you comprehend you need to slow down and read what is being said. You are jumping to conclusions. Read everything in context to what it is being replied to.

Then you proceeded to tell me the info and pictures I posted are not Hendrick cars which further shows your knowledge about this subject. People like you are the reason there is so much misinformation about these cars in the first place.
No, I stated that was not the Hendrick SS that I am talking about, however either way it still has no bearing on the fact that those cars did not go to another tier group to be completed. They came from SLP that way. So again what was it you were trying to prove?

P.S. The Hendrick Edition SS I am talking about is the LT1 version that is Sebring Silver with black stripes. Just like everything else you are assuming.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

Funny the guy posting about Anniversary Special Edition LT4’s calling me a tard. Get a clue, that is not the Hendricks Edition SS that I am talking about. Wrong car bozo!
Really? Well what version are you talking about because this is the only one there is.

You're thinking of the '97 SS Anniversary Edition which is not the same as a HMS SS.....bozo

Ok and how does that prove anything wrong. I have stated that all SS went to SLP from the factory. There is no way around that, the difference between the Hendrick cars was they came from SLP that way, they did not go to another tier group to be modified further like the Tom Henry or the Ernhardt. That was all I was saying.
The dealerships they were sold through did not perform the modifications. Everything was done by GMMG with GM and the dealers approval and input after the car arrived directly from GM.

They did not go from GM to SLP to GMMG like you are saying
Old 04-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Launching!

Really? Well what version are you talking about because this is the only one there is.

You're thinking of the '97 SS Anniversary Edition which is not the same as a HMS SS.....bozo
Ok if you say so... I can no longer argue with someone that is completely clueless.

The dealerships they were sold through did not perform the modifications.
Never said they did

Everything was done by GMMG with GM and the dealers approval and input after the car arrived directly from GM.

Once again if you believe that....... It has been entertaining.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:39 PM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

NIce car but its not ORGINAL. After market rims blah blah IF I was going to buy a car for COLLECTION purposes it better be 100% orginal no ifs,ands or buts about it.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

No, I stated that was not the Hendrick SS that I am talking about, however either way it still has no bearing on the fact that those cars did not go to another tier group to be completed. They came from SLP that way. So again what was it you were trying to prove?
The dealerships they were sold through did not perform the modifications. Everything was done by GMMG with GM and the dealers approval and input after the car arrived directly from GM.

Never said they did......Once again if you believe that....... It has been entertaining.
Yes you did, right here:

Tom Henry and Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet did not further modify the cars. GMMG did all the modifications with their input and GM's approval
Old 04-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Launching!

Yes you did, right here:
What are you talking about? You are really confused. Again I am done talking to you about it. It is beyond your capability of understanding.

Tom Henry and Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet did not further modify the cars. GMMG did all the modifications with their input and GM's approval

Did not say they did, again you are confused.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:14 PM
TECH Addict

What are you talking about? You are really confused. Again I am done talking to you about it. It is beyond your capability of understanding.

Yeah me and everybody else
Old 04-06-2009, 08:32 PM
11 Second Club

All ZL1's had to have the option code B4C if my memory is correct

And what about the PHASE IV and V cars????

http://gmhightechperformance.automot...aro/index.html

Quick Reply: another ebay find. 2002 ZL1