Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

GMMG Badge Ebay scam

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 05:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Angry GMMG Badge Ebay scam

(also posted in LT1 and appearance/detailing sections)

As some of you may have noticed "GMMG" has opened an ebay account and are selling the sticker badges on ebay for $9.99 plus shipping. I purchased and paid for 2 badges on 7/6/10 and neverreceived them. The seller "gmmg2010" had 100% positive feedback when I purchased them.

I purchased and paid on the 6th, and immediately sent the seller a message letting them know to let me know when my badges shipped out. I never heard back from them. I messaged them the following week and emailed them 3 times over the next few weeks and have still heard absolutely nothing from them. They provided a number on their page as well, which was a disconnected number. I left negative feedback last week and opened a case against them, and today someone else who bought a $450 GTO exhaust from them also left negative feedback saying they where scammed/ripped off as well.

They've listed wheels, lug nut caps, badges, exhaust, and other misc things for GM cars over the last month or so.
Just thought I'd let everyone know to beware of this seller! gmmg2010 is a scammer!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

seems like everything with the letters "GMMG" is a scam.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Proto X
seems like everything with the letters "GMMG" is a scam.
My GMMG cat back has been the best i've ever owned and a favorite of all my local buddies.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMMG ripoffs are bad anyway

The fact that someone would buy a GMMG badge and make a clone is bad news anyhow. Serves them right. Im not saying that ripping people off is good, but I cant stand people that try to make a 6 CYL stock Camaro something that it isnt. I hate clones.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by REBORN Z28
The fact that someone would buy a GMMG badge and make a clone is bad news anyhow. Serves them right. Im not saying that ripping people off is good, but I cant stand people that try to make a 6 CYL stock Camaro something that it isnt. I hate clones.
Not trying to make a clone...I plan on getting GMMG exhaust.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default GMMG Badge Ebay scam

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
Not trying to make a clone...I plan on getting GMMG exhaust.
You may say that......................but why would you want the GMMG Logo to put on the back of your car? I am "assuming" that it isn't a GMMG produced car since you said in your post that you are "planning" to get a GMMG chambered exhaust. I see people all the time that "try" to "give the illusion" that they have a GMMG car. Like the example below of a guy that I know that bought the GMMG chambered exhaust and then painted his back panel black and put the stainless "CAMARO" letters in it like my ZL1, even put the GMMG logo in the same place and then also got a grill for the front of his car and put the blue bow-tie in it like my ZL1. He also got the BERGER CHEVROLET license plate bracket and put on the back too even though his car wasn't sold at Berger Chevrolet.

Originally Posted by REBORN Z28
I'm afraid that I have to agree with REBORN Z28 above. I'm surprised that the guy with the silver SS convertible above hasn't gotten the chrome "By Berger" dealership emblem to put on the back of his "stock" SS on the other side to match mine too.

Last edited by 02_Phase2_ZL1; 08-01-2010 at 05:58 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02_Phase2_ZL1
You may say that......................but why would you want the GMMG Logo to put on the back of your car? I am "assuming" that it isn't a GMMG produced car since you said in your post that you are "planning" to get a GMMG chambered exhaust. I see people all the time that "try" to "give the illusion" that they have a GMMG car. Like the example below of a guy that I know that bought the GMMG chambered exhaust and then painted his back panel black and put the stainless "CAMARO" letters in it like my ZL1, even put the GMMG logo in the same place and then also got a grill for the front of his car and put the blue bow-tie in it like my ZL1. He also got the BERGER CHEVROLET license plate bracket and put on the back too even though his car wasn't sold at Berger Chevrolet.

I'm afraid that I have to agree with REBORN Z28 above. I'm surprised that the guy with the silver SS convertible above hasn't gotten the chrome "By Berger" dealership emblem to put on the back of his "stock" SS on the other side to match mine too.
Why are you so butt hurt that someone badged their car with GMMG emblems? If the OP wants a GMMG emblem for his exhaust then hes entitled to it, dont come in his thread spewing all this crap that he shouldnt try to make his car "look" like it was an original GMMG. His thread was trying to point out someone scamming other car enthusiasts like yourself...and he gets crap like this from you? Get off your high horse, you own a GMMG ZL1, WHO CARES? So I guess everyone who buys a GMMG exhaust is now trying to copy your car? Better yet everyone who does the berger panel is too right? Oh and of course its a crime against god if they do the grill with the blue bowtie as well! Like I said, get off your high horse, you're not special; well maybe you are, special in your own way that is. Next time try not to make a complete *** out of yourself.

As for the OP, thank you for at least trying to help other people out. Its a shame you try to save other people and you get mental rejects plaguing your thread.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default GMMG Badge Ebay scam

Originally Posted by x3d187
Why are you so butt hurt that someone badged their car with GMMG emblems? If the OP wants a GMMG emblem for his exhaust then hes entitled to it, dont come in his thread spewing all this crap that he shouldnt try to make his car "look" like it was an original GMMG. His thread was trying to point out someone scamming other car enthusiasts like yourself...and he gets crap like this from you? Get off your high horse, you own a GMMG ZL1, WHO CARES? So I guess everyone who buys a GMMG exhaust is now trying to copy your car? Better yet everyone who does the berger panel is too right? Oh and of course its a crime against god if they do the grill with the blue bowtie as well! Like I said, get off your high horse, you're not special; well maybe you are, special in your own way that is. Next time try not to make a complete *** out of yourself.

As for the OP, thank you for at least trying to help other people out. Its a shame you try to save other people and you get mental rejects plaguing your thread.
Opinions are like a**holes. Everyone has one and you apparently have both. You are truly laughable. I didn't insult someone like you did with me. I didn't make this personal, but you did. I just agreed with what someone else posted.

I never said I was "butt hurt". I'm not on a high horse either. You have people out there that are always trying to copy something they can't or don't have. That's why there are Yenko clones that folks try to pass off as real Yenko's and the real Yenko owner's look down on them as well.

Last edited by 02_Phase2_ZL1; 08-01-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

Getting ripped off sucks.. but, i see the other guys point as well..
Old 08-01-2010, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

this thread is not for bitching so lets keep on topic
Old 08-01-2010, 11:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by x3d187

Thank you Sir, very well stated!!!
Old 08-01-2010, 03:40 PM
TECH Regular

A clone is only bad when it is sold and/or "marketed" as the real thing. Anybody can do whatever they want to their car as it is in fact their car. Me personally I modded my 00 SS in a Tom Henry GMMG car theme only I put Nickey Chevrolet badges on it. I did this years ago and at the time nobody even knew who Nickey Chevrolet was. Now with Bimbi buying the rights to the name and building cars, some people know, still though not that many. Do I tell people my car is a real Nickey Camaro? NO, would I sell my car as a real Nickey Camaro? NO. Do people think it's a well done theme car when they see it? YES.

This is no different than every 67-69 Camaro "SS" that you see. Funny how you only see SS cars considering the base X44s and X11s outsold them nearly 4 to 1. Meaning 9 out of 10 67-69 SS that you see are clones. The good thing is Matt Murphy thought ahead and his cars are very well documented so the chances of a clone selling as the real deal are nil.

FYI, as discussed a million times before, the badge that comes with the GMMG catback which is the one being sold on eBay, is NOT THE SAME as the one that's installed on GMMG cars. Anyone who knows anything about GMMG cars can spot this a mile away.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02_Phase2_ZL1
You may say that......................"
To the guy that uses the giant font, thanks for using the giant letters. It convinced me that your opinion is right and everyone else's is wrong.

And good find on telling the OP that he has an ******* and an opinion, im sure he was unaware of that. I've met lots of people that have possesed either one or the other, but never both. You're a pretty sharp guy, i bet your some kinda medical doctor aren't you. Probably a proctologist. Yep you seem like you enjoy being a pain in people's asses.

Last edited by sneaky7980; 08-01-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

To the OP, thanks for the heads up!
Old 08-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Launching!

As an fyi to members the name is actually GMMGinc2010
Old 08-01-2010, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

Default Keep your GMMG all GMMG

Many like myself feel that if you own a GMMG then replacement parts are OK & if you don't have a GMMG car then Matt & GMMG shouldn't sell parts for 'look-alike' cars.

Here's an example - I saw this car on 2010 Power Tour in Newton, Iowa.

When I first asked the owner he led me to beleive it was real....... When I asked to see the GMMG door tag he back peddled & admitted it was not real.

The average observer could think its real -

#70 on windshield - '427' is too big - 600hp ( never lifted the hood so I could see) - 'In memory of Fred Gibb and Vince Piggens' was even on the trunk like the ZL-1's.

GMMG Badge Ebay scam-70fake.jpg

GMMG Badge Ebay scam-70fake-2-.jpg

Not a GMMG - Not a ZL-1 - A CLONE - copy-cat Camaro.

If you are unsure just ask the owner for the GMMG door tag # & let me know. I can verify most all GMMG's.

Send photos & info of your GMMG to the GMMG Registry & I will post them. If you see any errors, please let me know so I can correct them.

www.gmmgregistry.com

www.daytonapacecars.com

How do you feel?

Jim
Old 08-02-2010, 04:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Wow...what a can of worms. Not trying to make my car look like a GMMG car, I just like the badge and I will have GMMG exhaust. Pretty sure GMMG didnt do any LT1 cars either...So if I was trying to make a "clone" it'd be an epic fail from the start... People put exhaust decals/banners on all the time...would you be mad if someone had a Magnaflow decal in their back window if their car wasn't built by Magnaflow?

Or do you just feel like the thousands of people who have GMMG chambered exhaust are just trying to copy you and it's taking away from your car somehow?
Old 08-05-2010, 09:16 AM
TECH Regular

More bad feed back on this badge on ebay.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ssam98
More bad feed back on this badge on ebay.
I don't understand what the deal is...all of the sudden they just started screwing people...I dont know how they can do that and still stay on ebay?
Old 08-11-2010, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't see why GMMG badges floating around for just anyone and everyone to buy would be a bad thing.

Oh wait... nevermind.

Quick Reply: GMMG Badge Ebay scam