Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

1996 SS M6 41,XXX miles

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 10:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 SS M6 41,XXX miles

I have a 1996 Camaro SS 6 speed, t-top, red, all options from slp...(suspension, fluids, rear end, etc,etc,etc), 41XXX miles, and it is clean as a whistle! 2 owner car. I got it because i couldn't pass up the trade and it is somewhat of an investment. Question for all of you. should i sell it now, or store it for a couple years then sell it. How much more would it be worth?

Thanks
Old 04-18-2014, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by charlielamb77
I have a 1996 Camaro SS 6 speed, t-top, red, all options from slp...(suspension, fluids, rear end, etc,etc,etc), 41XXX miles, and it is clean as a whistle! 2 owner car. I got it because i couldn't pass up the trade and it is somewhat of an investment. Question for all of you. should i sell it now, or store it for a couple years then sell it. How much more would it be worth?

Thanks
Generally speaking, all cars' values depreciate (do down) at a rate that reduces over time. Once that rate of depreciation slows below the rate of inflation, the car's value will begin to appreciate (go up). The age at which this point is crossed (changing from depreciation to appreciation) varies from car to car, and factors such as rarity, desireability, condition / mileage can influence at what age this occurs. For MOST cars, this occurs around 25 years old, (+ or -). While your car sounds like an above average example, it is still less than 20 years old, so its probably going to be awhile before it starts appreciating.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the increase in value per Hagerity, they show a slight increase over the last few years. I say keep it and enjoy, but I'm partial to the 96SS cars!!

https://www.hagerty.com/valuationtoo...port?vc=100041
Old 04-19-2014, 11:11 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was at the Mecum auction in Houston last week and was surprised to see what LT-1 cars were going for. There were a few bid up over 15k and they were not ultra rare.

Great advice posted above- I usually factor in when the generation that went to high school with that car gets disposable income. It just happened with 5.0 Mustangs- clean run of the mill LX cars seemed to jump from 2k to 10k overnight. Happening now with clean 87-92 third gens.

Most people that graduated in 96 are still busy raising kids so I think you have a couple more years before you see a sharp incline. Still- that is a hard car to find in good shape and documentation.

Quick Reply: 1996 SS M6 41,XXX miles