Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Is there anything rare about my car??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 02:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there anything rare about my car???

in the past three days i have had more than three people tell me the same thing, "That i am lucky to have a 96 Firehawk, and that mine is really rare."

Is my car really rare, I know its #7, but does anyone know any more info about this car, or where i can find some more info, like how many were built, color, etc.

BTW My car is #7 Red 96 Firehawk, m6, t-tops, firehawk wheels, level 2 suspension, rear end cover, zexel torsen, synthetic lubes, pretty much all the options. . . . .but is my car really rare!!!!

ps really wish it was an LT4
Old 11-17-2004, 05:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well the LT4 cars were 97s only. and yes actually you are rare because your a firehawk. however your red and im willing to bet the majority of them were red. so your probrably the most popular of the rare cars. having level 2 makes thing even better. so take care of that car, its not seen everyday
Old 11-17-2004, 06:18 AM
12 Second Club

If you don't think its rare enough, you can always sell it to me
Old 11-17-2004, 11:09 AM
Launching!

How much would you give for it?????? has around 83K miles,
Old 11-17-2004, 12:35 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The thing is selling a car right now blows, esp if its an LT1. A lot of people would rather have the LS1 instead of paying more for the older LT1, esp with LT1/LS1s being as cheap as they are. So you would have to find some one who actually wnats the car and willing to pay more for it. But the value I'd say is about 7-8K realisticly, it sucks, but a lot of people would rather pay that much for a LS1 car than an older LT1 car, even if it is a Hawk. Add in a shitty market and age, the prices arent going to be what their worth.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:45 PM

Yes, you have a good collectible investment on your hands. Considering that the majority of F-body owners don't take care of these cars, it will become even rarer. How many really nice 70's Trans Ams do you see? Not many. I don't see very many F-bodies on the road like I did when these were still being produced. I can't even remember the last time I saw a real nice late 80's IROC Z28 or an original 87'-90' Mustang GT in excellent original condition. These cars will be the same way.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK #7
in the past three days i have had more than three people tell me the same thing, "That i am lucky to have a 96 Firehawk, and that mine is really rare."

Is my car really rare, I know its #7, but does anyone know any more info about this car, or where i can find some more info, like how many were built, color, etc.

BTW My car is #7 Red 96 Firehawk, m6, t-tops, firehawk wheels, level 2 suspension, rear end cover, zexel torsen, synthetic lubes, pretty much all the options. . . . .but is my car really rare!!!!

ps really wish it was an LT4
www.firehawk.org - you can get a list of all your options and the combinations, to find out how rare you really are.

i have a 1993 firehawk of which they only made 201. im #143.
i got it for $9500 with 84K miles on it. Its in EXCELLENT shape. interior is spotless and looks brand new, and the paint is original and in great shape. That being said, the value of these cars are not that great now. however as was said before in this thread, keep you car in good shape, and as more and more good conditioned lt1's become harder to find, the price will go up. 5.0 mustang prices have been rising recently for good ones.

Quick Reply: Is there anything rare about my car??