Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Hit & Run

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 11:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LastHawk02
i'd kill him if he hit my car.. no questions asked what a ******* and the princple had enough nerve to ask you why you parked like that damn morons... good luck with that **** pay one of your friends 50 to beat the **** out of the kid
No need to pay anyone to do my own work. I am not a small kid. And neither is Blake (the guy that posted under you). Neither of us are "fat"...we both lift weights regularly and I am actually a black-belt in karate I am generally a laid back dude, but when some **** like this is pulled, I am not afraid to open up...
Old 03-24-2006, 11:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ski23
sorry to hear about this. put yourself in a straight jacket(cuz your temper will flare and ull wanna throw a few hundred punches to this chumps head whenever u see/think of him),bite your tongue and hold out till cops/court settles this. once all clr put a picture of the damage in your pocket, have a FRIEND drive you around till you find this **** stick. whoop his *** till your dead tired. look at the pic in your pocket for round 2 of *** whoopin,then go bang his old lady. but, make sure your still under 18 and dont kill the ******
I found out where he lives and rode by there tonight in a friend's car just so I could get some pictures and the dumb ****'s car isn't there. I think he knows I'm on his trail and is hiding the car (didn't come to school today either). You're absolutely right about me needing a straight-jacket...both me and my dad actually. We are going nuts knowing exactly where he lives, what his name is, what the car is, what everything is and just having to sit on our asses so we don't **** things up. It is just so frustrating that I can do something about it right now, but I have to just sit here and wait.

Originally Posted by ski23
damn not my car and im pissed, just kicked the **** outta my cat.

It's my car and I have to hold myself back to not throw my dog across my yard
Old 03-25-2006, 04:11 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Patience bro. All will be accomplished in the fullness of time. The dude will get what is coming to him. If you feel like you need to vent, go to the gym. Hit the weights. Run some laps. Bang your girl as hard as possible

Remember, what goes around comes around!!!
Old 03-25-2006, 12:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Formy
Patience bro. All will be accomplished in the fullness of time. The dude will get what is coming to him. If you feel like you need to vent, go to the gym. Hit the weights. Run some laps. Bang your girl as hard as possible

Remember, what goes around comes around!!!
hahahahahaahhhahahhahahah i agree bro, bang your girl as hard as possible , then we'll go hit up the weight room or something ahahahahahahahahahaha stupid ricer son bitch
Old 03-25-2006, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

im here for the gf gangbang
Old 03-27-2006, 02:52 PM
TECH Resident

I spoke with the principal today after school. He has been in contact with the police and has finally gotten a hold of the guy that nailed my car. He told the principal that he does have insurance. However, they informed me that what he did to my car is neither a misdemeneor nor a felony. No one was in my car at the time it happened, so they are just going to write him a citation That made me a little more pissed off to know this kid is going to get off the hook after destroying my property and not looking back. The police will be coming to school tomorrow to get everything in order I guess... It is relieving that this will be resolved tomorrow, but aggravating at the same time knowing that nothing is going to happen to this kid (from the law at least )

I am having a special car collector's "repair man" fly out from Seattle the beginning of the month to fix my car. This is the guy that repairs very valuable cars that a local car collector uses when he purchases cars from the Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction. So I know everything is going to be right. I am unsure as to where I will find SS parts since the car is no longer made, however

Also, can anyone tell if my car will be totalled or not? I am going to go take a few pictures right now if I can figure out my camera.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Parts availability shouldn't be a problem.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Resident

Default Pictures

Sorry if there is too many...

Overview:

Misalignment of hatch and quarter panel:

You can see where there is a large gap on the left side where the window meets the hard top and hardly any gap at all on the right:

Lock for rear hatch:

Rear view:

Under car near driver's side tail pipe:

Comparrison of driver's side to passenger's side (notice huge difference in tire showing)...
Driver's side:

Passenger's side:

Side view:
Old 03-27-2006, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i doubt it totaled, probally just a new bumper and crap
Old 03-27-2006, 07:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LastHawk02
i doubt it totaled, probally just a new bumper and crap
And quarter panel, tail lights, exhaust, hangers, bumper support, styrofoam, who knows what else. Plus labor and paint.....
Old 03-27-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
And quarter panel, tail lights, exhaust, hangers, bumper support, styrofoam, who knows what else. Plus labor and paint.....
That's what makes me think it is going to be totalled. My car appears to have more damage than my dad's truck had when an off-shore boat fell on it. My dad's truck was parked at the bottom of a hill next to a boat repair shop and they were moving one of the boats around the building. As the guy started to go up the hill, it turned out he forgot to put the pin on the trailer ball and here comes a 32 foot racing boat and trailer down the hill and flips onto my dad's truck. Just from looking at his truck and my car, mine appears to be more severe. His total to fix the truck was around $9,000. And according to Kelly Blue Book, my car is only worth about $12,000 (Even though I bought it for $15,000 and got a killer deal on it. A dealership even offered to buy the car from me for $21,000!). If it is true that if the repairs exceed 50% of the value the car is considered totalled, I would think mine would be. Does anyone have a general idea of how much I should expect the insurance adjuster to apraise the damage on my car for?
Old 03-27-2006, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

I believe insurance totals cars after 70-80% not 50%, also according to nada your car is worth around $14,500 (which I still can't believe it would be that low). Just a guess I would say there is about 6-7k max in damages to your car however the big thing is is the frame in the back bent?
Old 03-27-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kidkl
I believe insurance totals cars after 70-80% not 50%, also according to nada your car is worth around $14,500 (which I still can't believe it would be that low). Just a guess I would say there is about 6-7k max in damages to your car however the big thing is is the frame in the back bent?
Oh...well that opens a new light for me! I have had several people tell me 50%, so I just assumed that was it.

That is higher than I found, but then again, I never checked NADA. But I do agree...people are buying way higher mileage Z-28's for even more than I bought my SS with only ~12K on it!

That is about the amount I figured it would cost to fix it, but I was thinking it was totalled due to the 50% rule. The frame doesn't appear to be bent, but this is only from me crawling under there with the car a couple inches off my face. I am going to let the professionals take care of all of that stuff. To be honest, I am surprised how "little" damage there is to my car after this guy nailed it causing my car to slide two parking spaces over and end about 60* from its original resting spot. Then again, this is to the untrained eye and not having a look under the skin
Old 03-29-2006, 12:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I doubt it will be totalled. My car had similar damage (just to the front), wasn't totalled, and is worth a lot less.

If the frame is ok, it should be fixable.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:06 PM
12 Second Club

dude i'm sorry to hear that, good luck with everything
Old 03-29-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by infinitebird
I doubt it will be totalled. My car had similar damage (just to the front), wasn't totalled, and is worth a lot less.

If the frame is ok, it should be fixable.
Good to hear
Old 03-29-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kornfreak_401
dude i'm sorry to hear that, good luck with everything
Thanks
Old 03-29-2006, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

I say you get rid of that son of a bitch
Good Luck
-Joel
Old 03-29-2006, 10:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

and yes 75-80% is the common threshold, not 50%. Unless the car has more than like 8k in damage (doesn't really look like it) then it shouldn't be totalled.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:26 PM
Ric
TECH Enthusiast

Glad to see you're getting things resolved, bub. I doubt the frame is messed up, 'cuz these cars are built quite beefily, to be honest. With all the fiberglass and plastic on here, the only explanation I can think of for your car weighing 3400ish lbs is a STOUT frame/unibody setup.

Get her fixed, and watch for gringos.

Quick Reply: Hit & Run