Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well done!
Old 08-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Teching In

CETA is much more rare to answer the question. The Firehawk is much cooler though. IMO.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

if the CETAs were Millenium Yellow, they would be much more attractive.

I'd take the Hawk any day.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool

I love my Collector Edition Trans Am and apparently so do the ladies. They keep asking me to take them for a ride. Sometimes I wonder if they are talking about the CETA or....well, you know.

I had bought a 99 Black Trans Am new and ended up modifying it but I knew that I always wanted a Real Special Edition Trans Am from Pontiac and since I missed out on getting a 30th new in 99 I had to bide my time. In 2002, I figured I might want to hop into a new one to get the last year and was looking at a SOM WS6 but knew that wasn't special enough. Firehawks were never really a consideration for the main fact I didn't like SLP or moreover the people who headed up SLP. I knew about the CE and wanted to see one in person. The first time I saw one, I knew I had to have it...so I bought it and have been loving it ever since. I get compliments on it wherever I go and I LOVE the color of Yellow that was used. Collector Yellow has a lot of PONTIAC heritage in it as it was derived from many Yellow's used since the Firebird was born in 67.

If you like Firehawks, you like Firehawks. If you like CETA's, you like CETA's. But when it comes down to it....we all have Firebirds and that is the Legacy that will live on in history.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just bought a 10th ann. Firehawk. Its fully loaded with every option from slp and factory with the exception of a cd changer. It has 38XXXmiles and I got it for $14,000 with a super clean carfax report. Car is a 8 out of a 10. I plann to replace misc. stuff that is broken and touch ups here and there. How many of these were made?
Old 11-14-2006, 02:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BANDITCAR
I love my Collector Edition Trans Am and apparently so do the ladies. They keep asking me to take them for a ride. Sometimes I wonder if they are talking about the CETA or....well, you know.

I had bought a 99 Black Trans Am new and ended up modifying it but I knew that I always wanted a Real Special Edition Trans Am from Pontiac and since I missed out on getting a 30th new in 99 I had to bide my time. In 2002, I figured I might want to hop into a new one to get the last year and was looking at a SOM WS6 but knew that wasn't special enough. Firehawks were never really a consideration for the main fact I didn't like SLP or moreover the people who headed up SLP. I knew about the CE and wanted to see one in person. The first time I saw one, I knew I had to have it...so I bought it and have been loving it ever since. I get compliments on it wherever I go and I LOVE the color of Yellow that was used. Collector Yellow has a lot of PONTIAC heritage in it as it was derived from many Yellow's used since the Firebird was born in 67.

If you like Firehawks, you like Firehawks. If you like CETA's, you like CETA's. But when it comes down to it....we all have Firebirds and that is the Legacy that will live on in history.

sonic americas drive in....huray! beats md's...btw nice pic, and the whole legacy thing brought tears to my eyes...way to wrap it up
Old 11-14-2006, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01 BERGER CAMARO SS
I just bought a 10th ann. Firehawk. Its fully loaded with every option from slp and factory with the exception of a cd changer. It has 38XXXmiles and I got it for $14,000 with a super clean carfax report. Car is a 8 out of a 10. I plann to replace misc. stuff that is broken and touch ups here and there. How many of these were made?
Whoa, nice deal you got on the 10th. You don't see too many of those around.

I remember that SLP planned on making 1000 of them, but they didn't get enough orders and only ended up making under 200 of them.

I'm not sure of the exact numbers, though.

I do remember there being 2 problems that many owners had.
One being the outer edge line of the stripes peeling or showing.
and the other being the Gold exhaust becoming discolored.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lt1hawk
sonic americas drive in....huray! beats md's...btw nice pic, and the whole legacy thing brought tears to my eyes...way to wrap it up
Thank ya!
Old 11-20-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Resident

yellow is ugly...
Old 11-23-2006, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

BANDITCAR , that's a beauitful car man!!
Old 11-23-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sleepinghawk
BANDITCAR , that's a beauitful car man!!
Thanks man, I appreciate that. I take care of my car for the reason that It represents the culmination of a Legend. Gotta love that.

I checked out your cardomain site, very nice Hawk you have. Your engine bay has a lot of the same ideas as mine. Cool, XTINCT plate too. I know another CETA owner who has that exact plate too. You do need to break out the camera again and get some shots without the front end mask on so you can fully see that sleek and deadly Firehawk front end. Keep on shining!
Old 11-23-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=BANDITCAR]Thanks man, I appreciate that. I take care of my car for the reason that It represents the culmination of a Legend. Gotta love that.

Thanks alot, yea I like the car better without the bra. Hard to find time to snap pictures, more fun just driving for hours I do need to update the new goodies,
AeroForce Tech Interceptor Scan Gauges (Installing Friday )
Stainless steel air dam (done)
LS1 oil cap (done)
Polished PCM cover (done)
Painted Firehawk door sills (done)
As far as invesment NYTHAWK you got me on this, it seems that you want very little miles and you don't get to drive them much sorry that would just suck for me. Mine isn't a investment, that's why I drive it, enjoy either one they are both nice cars!!

Last edited by sleepinghawk; 11-24-2006 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:17 PM
Teching In

i have a 10th ann firehawk and love it cause you never see very many firehawks but you see alot of ceta's and don't get me wrong cetas are nice but firehawks are rarer and in my opinion look better, so stick with the hawk

forged 383, cam, cutout, lid yella terra RR chromolly push rods. 373rwhp, 409rwtq
Old 11-27-2006, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BANDITCAR
Cool, XTINCT plate too. I know another CETA owner who has that exact plate too.
I think i might have his car, was he from Kansas? When i bought mine 1 1/2 years ago the owner had that plate on it.

I love the way my CETA looks. Nothing else like it on the road, hawks blend in, most people have no clue what they even are. Nothing against hawks however, i'd buy a SOM hawk if i could find one. Currently CETA's tend to bring more money than hawks do (from what i've seen). NADA recognizes a CETA and not a Hawk, therefore banks are more willing to fund a CETA over the Hawk. In time i think both will bring good change, its hard to say which will be more.

Last edited by BanditTA; 11-27-2006 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Definitly keep the Hawk
Old 12-21-2006, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

You guys are KILLING ME!! I've got a mint 2001 hawk t-top, "1LE" (1 of 27) blk/blk 6 speed with 5,900 MILES!!, and was getting a bur up my *** to trade it for a CETA vert with like 20k miles. Now I find this post by accident and 99% of u say keep the hawk.......dammit!!!!!! Now what do I do???

oh yea,,,its not an even trade,,,,I have to give him my hawk PLUS $3k!!!! How about that one???
HAWK OR CETA???
Old 12-21-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Fewer 01 Hawks than 02 CETA's......personally, I think it's a no brainer, but if you have a love for the CETA, then follow your heart, not your wallet.

Which parts will be harder to acquire down the road? Truly a personal dilemma on your part. WOW, glad I don't have that choice to make. Some 02 SLP Hawk parts you CANNOT find now!
Old 12-22-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by asuperdave
You guys are KILLING ME!! I've got a mint 2001 hawk t-top, "1LE" (1 of 27) blk/blk 6 speed with 5,900 MILES!!, and was getting a bur up my *** to trade it for a CETA vert with like 20k miles. Now I find this post by accident and 99% of u say keep the hawk.......dammit!!!!!! Now what do I do???

oh yea,,,its not an even trade,,,,I have to give him my hawk PLUS $3k!!!! How about that one???
HAWK OR CETA???

with that kinda deal...you should definitely keep the Hawk! They are really trying to screw you on that one, me thinks. Keep the Hawk and much later down the road just add a CETA to the collection! hee hee.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

I say buy a 30th Anniversary Trans Am, It's more rare than the 2 you are talking about
Old 12-24-2006, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dan
I say buy a 30th Anniversary Trans Am, It's more rare than the 2 you are talking about
Its on my list after I get a CETA vert to complete the set. Of course, I'm in no rush to get them...gotta have something to look forward to.

Quick Reply: More rare: Firehawk or CETA?