Trans Am/Firebird Replacement Sail Panel Subs

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 01:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Subs

I ordered mine direct last night. $107 with shipping. Kee shows to have them in stock again. Nice that he didn't think to post on here that he has them in stock. That's why I bought mine elsewhere.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi guys,
I just saw this so I figured I might want to say something. I did post up on 6/30/08 when I was able to get them in stock again and have been posting in the stereo forum about them. Here's the post:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=bazooka
The GP pricing had ended 4/08/08 and I had posted that in post #122, it reads
"SO everyone know by the way.....I had to end the group buy on these as of Monday. I actually was supposed to end it the 1st of the month but extended it another week (all last week)".
This actually ended up being extended even further.
That with the fact that I ran out of them and couldn't get SAS Bazooka to give me a tentative date as to when I could receive my newest order was why I hadn't posted anymore here but I had posted in the stereo forum a few times regarding these in addition to the 50-100 PM's I had sent out to people inquiring about them.
Regarding spacers, some cars seem to need them and some don't. Typical GM when it comes to quality control and fit/finish. Depends on which guy built your car that day it seems. I have had some guys report no need for spacers and some need a 1/4" to 1/2" depending on the car. I have them if you need them.
I also found this write up on the install for them:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/931445-bazooka-6-1-4-4-ohm-dvc-sail-panel-install-w-pics.html#post9488460
Again, sorry I hadn't posted here in awhile but I thought with the GP pricing overwith I shouldn't bring it to the top of the page because then people would be expecting $99.00 for them.
The single voice coil versions of these are less expensive then the DVC versions as well. The DVC versions are also harder to get. I currently have 30 in stock right now and the "buy now" button is for the $119.00/pair and does include shipping.
Thanks,
-Ian
Old 08-12-2008, 11:01 PM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

Cool so you do have them in now correct? I tried to call many times and left messages on the cell to get a clue as to whats up. Glad you have them again.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

Yes I know - back from the dead. But one of my sail panel speakers just died.

These still being marketed??? Anyone know?
(I know the GP is over, I'll make a single purchase if the price isn't too awefully high)
Old 04-12-2013, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by kee audio
new product kick off!!!!
gp pricing ended in april but i had alot of posts asking about these. Last page was the response. I do have these in stock again!!

trans am guys with blown sailpanel speakers listen up!!! I have dvc replacement subwoofer for your monsoon sail panels that are made by bazooka. These are a quality 6.75" subwoofer with dual 4ohm voice coils just like your stock one. These feature 100watts rms power handling and 200watts peak power and 100db sensitivity so they will work well with the monsoons power.
****please note these do require a 1/2 spacer just like the elemental designs subwoofer. Wiring is just like stock on the trans am/firebird factory monsoon system. I do carry a svc 4ohm version as well for the camaro.
these are available....in stock...for $119.00 for a pair shipped inside the continental u.s.

i need a pair of these how do i get them?

Quick Reply: Trans Am/Firebird Replacement Sail Panel Subs