Tick Performance installed and tuned cam packages!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 07:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Tick Performance installed and tuned cam packages!

After releasing half of our new Elite Series of Camshaft line-up for cathedral port motors(rectangle port and others coming soon) we have decided to run a special offering Elite Series camshaft installed and tuned packages for our customers!!!

The installed and tuned packages start at 1499 and are as much as 1599 for base packages. Depending on the vehicle and options added to the package your total price will vary.

Here is a link to our website that explains everything the packages offer and showcases my Street Heat Stage 2 for LS1 engines in an idle clip.

http://www.tickperformance.com/disco...uned-packages/

Bring your car down to Tick Performance and let us change its demeanor today!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

With everything you are including, this sure sounds like a smoking deal
Old 10-26-2012, 09:08 PM
FormerVendor

Thank you farmington, I think you'll find we have some VERY competitive pricing and that a lot of products are cheaper than you'd find anywhere else.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That idle chop sounds very familar
keep up the good work Martin! The Stage 2 cam works WONDERS on my 370, No loss of "lowend" anywhere.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by greenvortec97
That idle chop sounds very familar
keep up the good work Martin! The Stage 2 cam works WONDERS on my 370, No loss of "lowend" anywhere.
Thank you very much! I didn't think you would mind us using your car on the "American Idle" special!

Really glad you like the cam also, tell your buddies tell everyone!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:39 AM
TECH Resident

My dad wants a cam swap done on his C6... he wants more power (of course) but zero lope. Like, dead silent. He also wants zero maintenance and insists on taking it to the dealer for the yearly / every 5,000 mile (or whatever) tune-ups. So, valve spring replacement is kind out of the question. Do you have anything that fits this bill?
Old 11-07-2012, 09:23 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Somebody09
My dad wants a cam swap done on his C6... he wants more power (of course) but zero lope. Like, dead silent. He also wants zero maintenance and insists on taking it to the dealer for the yearly / every 5,000 mile (or whatever) tune-ups. So, valve spring replacement is kind out of the question. Do you have anything that fits this bill?
I have two cams that would "fit the bill" perfectly for him.

The only problem is he will have to swap valve-springs to an aftermarket spring. That said, the lobes that these two cams use are mild enough and have gentler closing rates than some lobes out there. They utilize an aggressive opening rate which makes for a well rounded performance lobe that will not pound the crap out of the valve springs.

I should ask though, is this a LS2 or LS3 C6?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:58 AM
TECH Resident

bone stock LS2. Oh wait, Halltech intake.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Teching In

man this is an awesome deal. I live in NY and dont mind the drive, but i already put my car away for the winter already due to Sandy and this Nor'easter. Any way I can get a rain check (or in this case snow check)?
Old 11-08-2012, 02:26 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 96LS1CamaroM6
man this is an awesome deal. I live in NY and dont mind the drive, but i already put my car away for the winter already due to Sandy and this Nor'easter. Any way I can get a rain check (or in this case snow check)?
When you're ready to have that car of yours turned into a Tick powered monstrosity we will make sure we give you the best deal we can. It might not be exactly the same deal as we're offering now, but we will come as close to the same price when you're ready as we've got now.

You've got my word and our office managers word that we will honor this for you.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to call me or PM me here on the site and I'll answer any question you have.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:46 AM
Teching In

thank you and I will definitely be giving you guys a call in the spring
Old 11-09-2012, 08:02 AM
FormerVendor

No problem, I'll be waiting!
Old 11-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Teching In

I'm very interested. I live in Alexandria, Va and I'm ready to drive it down as soon as work slows down. (Military)

Question on the Stage two, I have the supporting mods for a cam except for I have stock gears, what kind of street manners could I expect. I love driving my car so much I drive it everyday except in inclement weather at which point the ol Pickup takes the heat. Since I drive it daily in the city I usually don't rev past 2500. What kind of changes can I expect under 2500 rpms?
Old 11-10-2012, 07:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by moperider
I'm very interested. I live in Alexandria, Va and I'm ready to drive it down as soon as work slows down. (Military)

Question on the Stage two, I have the supporting mods for a cam except for I have stock gears, what kind of street manners could I expect. I love driving my car so much I drive it everyday except in inclement weather at which point the ol Pickup takes the heat. Since I drive it daily in the city I usually don't rev past 2500. What kind of changes can I expect under 2500 rpms?
Which Stage 2 are you inquiring about?

What ratio are your stock gears?
Old 11-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Dang that's a good deal, Martin. Wish you guys were local to me. I'd swing by for a cam/header/stall upgrade for the winter.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Which Stage 2 are you inquiring about?

What ratio are your stock gears?
Your Ls1 Street Heat stage 2 cam.

I'm running stock 3.42's through an M6.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:02 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
Dang that's a good deal, Martin. Wish you guys were local to me. I'd swing by for a cam/header/stall upgrade for the winter.
We just had a guy from Florida send us his 2013 C6 Grand Sport with 700 miles on it for a complete makeover you can do it too!
Your Ls1 Street Heat stage 2 cam.

I'm running stock 3.42's through an M6.
I like to see at least a 3.73 gear with the Street Heat Stage 2, but with Jonathan tuning it I don't think you'll have any issue with the 3.42 gear set-up.

He is really knocking the tunes out of the park lately when it comes to drivability and not bucking or trailer hitching.

That cam only has 8 degrees of overlap which is a decent amount, but nothing to write home to mom for. I really think you will enjoy the cam even in a daily driven vehicle.

I do think though that if you try and lug it under 1600-1800rpm that you will notice some surging and hitching, but with the gears you have it is to kind of be expected. As long as you can be happy with cruising at 1800rpm+ then I would feel very confident in saying you won't have any second thoughts once you've done it.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with, we'd love to change the demeanor of your car!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

We just had a guy from Florida send us his 2013 C6 Grand Sport with 700 miles on it for a complete makeover you can do it too!

I like to see at least a 3.73 gear with the Street Heat Stage 2, but with Jonathan tuning it I don't think you'll have any issue with the 3.42 gear set-up.

He is really knocking the tunes out of the park lately when it comes to drivability and not bucking or trailer hitching.

That cam only has 8 degrees of overlap which is a decent amount, but nothing to write home to mom for. I really think you will enjoy the cam even in a daily driven vehicle.

I do think though that if you try and lug it under 1600-1800rpm that you will notice some surging and hitching, but with the gears you have it is to kind of be expected. As long as you can be happy with cruising at 1800rpm+ then I would feel very confident in saying you won't have any second thoughts once you've done it.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with, we'd love to change the demeanor of your car!

Martin - Based on the information provided above in regards to driveability with the street heat stage 2....what would the driveability be on your stage 1with stock 3.42's in the rear? Are there any "ballpark" specs for the street heat stage 1 cam? Thanks bud! I'm guessing duration in the low to mid 220's?
Old 11-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Teching In

Thanks Martin. Looks like I need one more supporting mod for that kind of upgrade. TrentSS asked my follow up question of drivability on the LS1 Stage 1 cam with the stock 3.42 gears and m6 so ill stay posted.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:24 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TrentSS
Martin - Based on the information provided above in regards to driveability with the street heat stage 2....what would the driveability be on your stage 1with stock 3.42's in the rear? Are there any "ballpark" specs for the street heat stage 1 cam? Thanks bud! I'm guessing duration in the low to mid 220's?
The two Stage one cams are 222/226 .602"/.605" 115+3 and 226/230 .605"/.609" 114+4. They are both very docile, easy to drive and tune easily.
Thanks Martin. Looks like I need one more supporting mod for that kind of upgrade. TrentSS asked my follow up question of drivability on the LS1 Stage 1 cam with the stock 3.42 gears and m6 so ill stay posted.
I don't think you will have any issue really with the Stage 2 unless you just have to be able to cruise below 1600rpm.

If that is an issue, either the 3.73 gear set or maybe a step down to the Stage 1 for LS2 engines would be better suited for you.

Quick Reply: Tick Performance installed and tuned cam packages!