Nitrous Outlet Summer Sale!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 01:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Outlet Summer Sale!!!!!

Our summer same is about to come to an end, be sure and get your orders in before 8/31/2016! It's a great time to save on that new plate system, dedicated fuel system or direct port of your dreams!

Old 09-24-2016, 07:24 AM
Teching In

An open letter to N2O Outlet:

While I have yet to use your product, I did buy the complete package all the way from heated bottle to fuel line and wide-open-throttle to all the way up in the engine bay where the relays and solenoids run wild.
Bottom Line: Your instructions are not only inaccurate, but also contradictory and potentially lethal to the end user. I not only have buyer’s remorse beyond the Milky Way, but also have disappointment the size of the sun. Below are some of the examples I will share with anyone daring enough to consider purchasing your product as it currently stands. I am not inclined to site specifics as I am not a paid member of your team. THIS IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. THIS IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
• Contradictions in your instructions are common. Not only within the same document, but also in corresponding, related documents.
• Why do you not put a compendium together (A-Z) of instructions? Wouldn’t it be easier for us shade tree mechanics to know we have all the required instructions instead of only guessing we do once on your website? AND MAKE SURE THEY TIE WITH EACH OTHER. Right now I have 5 relays under my hood. Is that really necessary?
• The color code standard (I use this phrase advisedly) you use for your relays can be described in one word: insane. If you take the time to open a kit and look at the instructions, this will become an embarrassing revelation to you immediately.
• The instructions do not identify everything in your pictures for inventory purposes. Maybe others know what every piece in the N2O Outlet kit is, but I sure don’t. I suspect I am not the only one either.
• Why not use YouTube for an instructional video?
• I called you all for an extra part and I mentioned I was having difficulty with the instructions. The N2O representative stated feel free to call you guys. I asked if you had weekend hours…silence. Newsflash: not all of us in this forum are doing this on the weekday. Weekends are the sweet spot of when these installations are getting done. And if you can’t get the product I called to order out in two days, then don’t charge me for two-day service for your logistical problems. A bad business model.
• A summary of the concept of the install would be very helpful for those of us not installing these kits on a regular basis. There are a lot of modular parts and it would help to understand how the puzzle fits together.
• I went to a nationwide vendor for nitrous bottle fill and they noticed a potentially lethal error in your labeling.
• The only time I knew I needed a “Power” Relay was reading your instructions. No one ever mentioned this beforehand. Great! Another weekend blown (pun intended).
Yours Truly,

An Unsatisfied Customer.

:trainwreck::nopity:rant:
Old 09-27-2016, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

^ all that because you had a hard time understanding the instructions and they aren't open on the weekends?

sounds like you should pay a professional to install it (no offense)
Old 09-27-2016, 01:59 PM
Teching In

Default Before Commenting on the OP, Please read all of the Post

Here we go again. Yes, I take offense to anyone posting mischaracterizing the intent of my OP. And Spectre86 does it too.

Regardless of the struggles me and a long-tenured mechanic had installing the N20 kit, that is NOT the point...Let me say this again...It is NOT the point.

These kits did not come with a professional installer. So if N20 Outlet puts itself out there as a turnkey supplier, the instructions should be accurate. They are not.

I took the time to write this chiefly to motivate N20 to revisit their customer service (including instructions). The instructions are bad enough to where a novice could truly do physical harm to their car and person. I at least know that much on installing nitrous whether it is a SBF, SBC, LSx. And since only a few of you know me, you show be reticent about criticizing my abilities without those facts. I want to keep the focus on where it should be...customer service and not me.

Let's keep it at that level and factual instead of assuming. Don't be like posters in other forums where they seem to jump to conclusions and make assumptions before getting enough information for a rational judgement/comment. I would hope the educated professionals in this forum would see this post for its original intent. I am not criticizing the performance of their product.

I would hope if a member has a bad experience, they would also feel the responsibility to alert other members without concern for unfounded potshots or comments.

As an update, N20 Outlet has not reached out to me since the original post. That should tell us all something.

Keep It Classy LS1Tech.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm not trying to be offensive. You clearly stated your issue isn't the product, its your instructions.

So your complaint with them is the instructions are hard to understand clearly, and that they aren't open on the weekend?

A novice can do harm to their car on installing a lot of different parts. rotating assemblies, valvetrain, PTV with cam and valve size, etc. nothing you order comes with a professional installer.

Someone who has installed plenty of nitrous kits probably doesn't even need to read the instructions. just like an engine builder assembling a shortblock.

for an average joe, that's probably over their head. I have no problems doing basic stuff. exhaust, headers, intake, brakes, etc. but something over my head, id just pay for someone that's a professional to do that.

your upset the instructions weren't clear enough for you and that they weren't available on the weekend when you needed them.

• The instructions do not identify everything in your pictures for inventory purposes. Maybe others know what every piece in the N2O Outlet kit is, but I sure don’t. I suspect I am not the only one either.
Why not use YouTube for an instructional video?
• I called you all for an extra part and I mentioned I was having difficulty with the instructions. The N2O representative stated feel free to call you guys. I asked if you had weekend hours…silence. Newsflash: not all of us in this forum are doing this on the weekday. Weekends are the sweet spot of when these installations are getting done. And if you can’t get the product I called to order out in two days, then don’t charge me for two-day service for your logistical problems. A bad business model.
A summary of the concept of the install would be very helpful for those of us not installing these kits on a regular basis. There are a lot of modular parts and it would help to understand how the puzzle fits together.
the fact that you want them to have a youtube video and are upset that they cant be there for you on the weekend suggests that maybe you should pay someone that doesn't need a youtube video to install it.
news flash, most people work during the week days and are off on weekends.... apparently your not the only one.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Default To Spectre86

You are over simplifying the problems. I am happy to give you details if you want to call me to discuss. Feel free to PM me and I will send you my phone#. But you need to read all the instructions before calling me. That way I know you are as serious about this matter as I.

I want to keep the focus, again, on the the customer service. There is absolutely ZERO need to introduced abilities in this thread. In fact, it only detracts from the core concerns. Just keep the topic focused. Sometimes we just like to hear ourselves emote.

If you want to start a thread on proposed levels of experience a person needs to install a kit, then be my guest. But that is not the intent here.

The facts should speak for themselves. I have tried to keep this factual and abilities do not come into play here. Not at all. Your comments seem to move the problems from instructions to the installer. This is simply an unfair and inaccurate characterization.

Do yourself a favor and download the (several) instructions to wire and plumb a kit from N20. Read them and see if an astute and experienced person like yourself has any objections. If you don't see what I mean, then you should hire a professional to put in any laughing gas kits.

I say this with all due respect. I don't know you and you don't know me. I am not trying to be a smarta$$.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Outlet Summer Sale!!!!!