Adjustable Lower Control Arms & Panhard Bar Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 07:41 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Adjustable Lower Control Arms & Panhard Bar Kit

Hello Members,

UMI Performance is proud to offer our newest rear control arm and panhard bar kit. This kit features both single adjustable lower control arms and a single adjustable panhard bar.

One end features a QA1 3/4" sepherical rod end (Part # XMR12), aluminum bushings and steel sleeves. While the other end features high quality Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings. The polyurethane bushings are designed to be bolted to the chassis of the car for a quiet comfortable operation. Each item is built of 1.250" OD DOM steel tubing featuring a 4130 Chrome moly tube adaptor and fully TIG welded.

Complete kit- $264.95 plus shipping, available powder coated Red or Black

Click to see pictures-
http://www.umiperformance.com/ebay/images/201621a.jpg

http://www.umiperformance.com/ebay/images/201621c.jpg

http://www.umiperformance.com/ebay/images/2021g.jpg

Any questions please PM, email or call. Thanks!
Ryan
Old 11-01-2004, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i will be buying a set of them to replace my loud *** badz lca's and phb! ill get w/ you at the end of the week.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:56 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by silverbeast
i will be buying a set of them to replace my loud *** badz lca's and phb! ill get w/ you at the end of the week.
Sounds good, these will fix all that. Just let me know and I am glad to help.

Regards,
Ryan
Old 11-02-2004, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks pretty nice!
Old 11-03-2004, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

No powdercoat yellow to match my SFC?
Old 11-03-2004, 10:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BLASTER
No powdercoat yellow to match my SFC?
BLASTER- We can do that, with out a problem, just give us the ok
Old 11-12-2004, 02:07 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by silverbeast
Thanks for the order Charles! You will be very pleased

Have a Great weekend!
Ryan
Old 11-12-2004, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ryan, Can you adjust these on the car or do you have to disconnect the rod end & jamnut to do the adjustment? Also, how much does the set weigh?

Sorry, just saw hte first picture and it looks lit you have to take it off for adjustment.

Thanks
Old 11-12-2004, 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

Does anyone know if these are any quieter than the BadZ ones? I'm about ready to scream if I have to listen to them bang anymore. Everyone that gets in my car swears that the rear end is gonna fall out.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bird_Of_Prey
Does anyone know if these are any quieter than the BadZ ones? I'm about ready to scream if I have to listen to them bang anymore. Everyone that gets in my car swears that the rear end is gonna fall out.

That's why I am looking into these as well. Not so much the noise or rough ride, but I don't like the non-existant dampening effects that comes from these rigid components. The excessive vibration could krack my exhaust or a hanger and buy buy very expensive duals.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just ordered mine and i cant wait to get them and take the loud *** bad z's off my car. I will let everyone know how they do.Thanks Ryan
Old 11-14-2004, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

How much for just the PHB? Thanks
Old 11-14-2004, 07:12 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BLASTER
Ryan, Can you adjust these on the car or do you have to disconnect the rod end & jamnut to do the adjustment? Also, how much does the set weigh?

Sorry, just saw hte first picture and it looks lit you have to take it off for adjustment.

Thanks
Hello kevin,

Unfortanultly they you do have to take them off the car to adjust them. The only time this ever is a issue is if you need to adjust the PHB, otherwsie your lower control arms should never be a issue because really there is no need to adjust them.

As for weight, I do not know the exact weight, I will have to check. But a shipped package for UPS weighs 16lbs, so right around there.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 11-14-2004, 07:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Bird_Of_Prey
Much, Much quieter

We use QA1 Endura Series rod end,s Teflon lined and self lubricating. No metal to metal
Old 11-14-2004, 07:15 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by shiznit
How much for just the PHB? Thanks

Panhard bar is just $99.95 ea

Regards,
Ryan
Old 11-14-2004, 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

The polyurethane bushings are designed to be bolted to the chassis of the car for a quiet comfortable operation. Each item is built of 1.250" OD DOM steel tubing featuring a 4130 Chrome moly tube adaptor and fully TIG welded.

Ryan[/QUOTE]

Ryan, in your post you state that the polyurethane bushing side is bolted to the chassis for quiet comfortable operation, but in the picture it shows the spherical joint bolted to the chassis with the bushing bolted to the rear axle. Which one would be correct? I ask this for 2 reasons, one to clarify instructions for anyone who gets these and two, to know if I installed mine (Spohn's) correctly. The instructions did not clarify which end went where on my set so I just assumed (i know) the bushed in bolted to the chassis, or frame side, would provide more isolation than having the bushed end attached to the rear axle. Incedentally mine can be adjusted while they are attached with the wheels off and if you have the correct wrenches with them attached in this manner.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BOWTIE
The polyurethane bushings are designed to be bolted to the chassis of the car for a quiet comfortable operation. Each item is built of 1.250" OD DOM steel tubing featuring a 4130 Chrome moly tube adaptor and fully TIG welded.

Ryan

Ryan, in your post you state that the polyurethane bushing side is bolted to the chassis for quiet comfortable operation, but in the picture it shows the spherical joint bolted to the chassis with the bushing bolted to the rear axle. Which one would be correct? I ask this for 2 reasons, one to clarify instructions for anyone who gets these and two, to know if I installed mine (Spohn's) correctly. The instructions did not clarify which end went where on my set so I just assumed (i know) the bushed in bolted to the chassis, or frame side, would provide more isolation than having the bushed end attached to the rear axle. Incedentally mine can be adjusted while they are attached with the wheels off and if you have the correct wrenches with them attached in this manner.

The ad is correct, the poly bushings are to be bolted to the chassis. If you look really close at my picture you see on that car we are running the poly/poly control arms, not our adjustable version.

Sorry for the confusion, I have not had a chance to post any updated pictures. That picture is more to just give a consumer a idea of where they go and it also shows the adjustable panhard bar installed and in place. Hope that helps!

Ryan
Old 11-14-2004, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Ryan for the reply. How difficult will it be to center the rear and dial in the LCAs being not on-the-car adjustable? I guess I will have to take measurements and then unbolt-rebolt it until I get it right. Soon as you unbolt the rods, Isn't the rear is gonna shift again?. I will have to think about it since you have very nice, high quality products. Thanks again

Last edited by BLASTER; 11-15-2004 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:48 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks Ryan, I did not notice that. I thought the shiny part up in the subframe connectors was part of the heim joint or adjusting nut. Someone else was thinking the same thing hence their comment that they would have to unbolt the LCA's to adjust them. If the adjustment is on the back, they should be able to adjust them while they are still attached. Perhaps if they have some luck (and the right size wrenches instead of a crescent wrench) they may not even have to pull the wheels off.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I already received mine today fellas.

Very nice looking pieces and excellent packaging too!
I can hardly wait to get these on. If I didn't have a funeral to go to this afternoon/evening they'd be going on now. Then I leave to go deer hunting for the weekend etc... so I'll have to wait until early next week.

Thanks again Ryan and keep up the great service!

Troy

Last edited by TK 14 SS; 11-18-2004 at 10:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Adjustable Lower Control Arms & Panhard Bar Kit