PBT Special Front & Rear Drilled Slotted Rotors Hawk Pads 269 Shipped

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default got mine today

here are some pics of the rotors

he shipped them friday night last week and they arrived at 10am this morning good guys to deal with now i just need my pads

Last edited by crzytown69; 09-13-2007 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ordered mine on Wednesday.... Lookin' forward to them!! Great guys to talk to!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea harry is a good guy i only talked to brock once but he answered all my questions...
Old 09-14-2007, 07:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crzytown69
yea harry is a good guy i only talked to brock once but he answered all my questions...
Do yours have any weights inside the fins?
Old 09-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Staging Lane

ordered
Old 09-14-2007, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm interested to hear a response about the weights found in the rotor...
Old 09-14-2007, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Y2KFirehawk
They will probably just ignore it like they did before...
Old 09-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Y2KFirehawk
I just got off the phone with Centric, they said it's impossible to tell who manufactured these rotors. They said most rotors are made in China and all come with the same Aimco number no matter what brand they're marketed under.
They did say that there were a few of their rotors that were not double disc ground, very few.
He also said they DO NOT use weights to balance them. (one of mine has a weight).
These rotors are their 'white box' line meaning it would be difficult to impossible to tell the difference between these and the cheap (priced) oem replacement rotors found at autozone, advanced auto etc.
They did say there was a company selling a different rotor under their name, but legal action has been taken and thats been resolved.

So I'm just not going to worry about it, they're balanced, coated and slotted. They may be the same rotors that you'd buy from autozone with slots, and coating but at a much lower price. They may be Centrics, it really does not matter. You're still not going to find a better priced set of rotors, even uncoated blanks.
That being said I'd buy from PBT again.
Still waiting on my pads though.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:00 PM
FormerVendor

Arrow

8... I appreciate your enthusiasm in wanting to get to the bottom of things so let me take a moment to address some of your issues and hopefully put you worries to rest.

Originally Posted by 8a8mfh
Here are some pics of mine, I actually took a few but you can see everything in this one. (photo removed by Harry)
You can see the weight in the fins, something Centric does not do according to their site, and they are the supposed rotor manufacturer.
And in the background you can see the double disc ground finish on the front rotor at the very top and compare it to the machined finish of the rear rotor right below it.
I was told CENTRIC is the rotor manufacturer. If you look on their site they DO NOT manufacture a rotor thats machine finished.
In my very first post, I addressed your question about the quality of the rotors and specified that I start with Centric's Ctek line of replacement brake rotors. Centric's page gives a description of their "Premium" line, their "Sport Stop" line and their "Ctek" line all on the same page. Each line is manufactured differently and they're pretty clear illustrating the benifits of each.

I was also told, after asking, that these rotors in the special deal are stock Centric OEM replacements that are slotted and zinc coated by PBT. Theres a kind of hidden link on Centrics site about the coating Centric puts on them, which is what looks like is on the rotors. HERES a link to that.
Again, you are refering to a feature of their "Premium" line. Ecoat is a black finish applied to the rotors in the same manner as our zinc coating. They both accomplish the same thing, inhibiting corrosion, but I want our product to look a certain way so we go with the zinc.

Now it is true you will not find a better price on new rotors so it may be a good deal, and customer service seems decent. The problem is I do not like to be mislead, and told I'm getting one thing, but get sent something else.

Thanks for letting me know I've priced the package right for the Forum. I strive every day to make our customer service better than decent and it's my goal to soon have the best in the industry. I've been in the automotive buisness for 20 years and have never misrepresented myself or my services. I'm not about to start here. I don't know how I could have been any more specific in my original post but maybe this will clear thing up.

And I did not get pads, they did call me about that but I forgot when they're supposed to get here.
Which brings me to my last point. Sometimes things don't go quite as planned and that's exactly what happened with the pads. Some orders didn't ship complete but everyone received a call (or at least a v/m message) from me stating that the pads would ship about a week late and that I would not bill anyone's credit card until they did. I thought that was the best way to deal with an unexpected situation.

Thanks for your orders, Harry
Old 09-14-2007, 07:13 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2tone
They will probably just ignore it like they did before...
Sorry... I need to keep a closer eye on the Forum.

Centric specifies machine balancing on their premium line, I'll ask about their Ctek's next week.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by shockwaveharry
Sorry... I need to keep a closer eye on the Forum.

Centric specifies machine balancing on their premium line, I'll ask about their Ctek's next week.
I already asked Pat. I re-read everything before I called him and noted that you use the Ctek line. I descibed the rotor to him, and sent him the same pic as on here. He replied back with this.
Its possible that they are our economy C-Tek line rotors, but from your pictures, its to hard for me to tell. They do not look like our rotors, but I cannot be certain. Our C-Tek rotors look almost identical to the “white box” rotors distributed by many other suppliers, so it’s very difficult to tell. It is possible that we have sold a few C-Tek rotors that are not double disc ground, but most of them are. I have not seen the weights on cooling fins since Raybestos stopped manufacturing rotors in the US.
The first call Pat wasn't there and I talked to the tech dept. That guy was suprised to hear of the weight in the vane.

Did I tell you the brakes on my car were turned four times under warranty (from 6,600 to 28,000 miles of normal driving) and the rotors on there now are .090-.120 thinner than the discard thickness (thanks to the last time the GM Service Dept turned them).
I guess thats why I'm so picky about this.
I have confidence in your product, like I said no one can beat the price, and Pat at Centric even assured me they'd be OK whether they are Centrics or not.
They do look nice, almost like stainless steel. I'm happy with them and your service.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:44 PM
FormerVendor

Smile

...I'm happy with them and your service.
Thanks 8! That means alot to me.

I'm suprised to hear that your dealer kept cutting your rotors and shipping you off. Back in the day, anything that rolled into my stall with warped rotors under 10,000 miles had them replaced for sure along with having every aspect of the brake system checked. And if they really believed there was nothing wrong with the rotors, I hope they checked pressure at the rear calipers. If the rear brakes are ineffective under normal braking conditions, it over-taxes the front brakes, causing them to run hot and warp.

Also, try this if you haven't already: Go for a ride and get the brakes up to temperature. Pull it back into the garage and, after properly jacking and supporting the vehicle, spin the front wheels by hand just to make sure the calipers aren't hanging up for any reason. A problem in the hydraulic system could leave residual pressure in the circut allowing the brakes to drag, overheating and warping the rotors. I've seen more than one vehicle with contaminated brake fluid right off the transporter do that very thing!
Old 09-15-2007, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i checked my rotors this morning befor leaving for work and my rotors dont have weights in them looks like a little slag in one of the rear rotors however but other than that mine have weights i hope thats a good thing and not some ones look over.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:43 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Harry,

What's the word on my order? The payment was sent on 04 Sept through Paypal
Old 09-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Banned

Z28/2002 what was the name on the order i will check it out
Old 09-17-2007, 10:33 PM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Just shipped off pads to everyone who was waiting.

Thanks! Harry
Old 09-18-2007, 12:56 AM
On The Tree

Are you guys sold out?
Old 09-18-2007, 01:45 PM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 2tone
Are you guys sold out?
We're working on the next special right now. Check your PM's
Old 09-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Alt
TECH Resident

So I assume you're sold out then. You can shoot me a PM if you have another special cooking!
Old 09-18-2007, 04:08 PM
11 Second Club

pm sent

Quick Reply: PBT Special Front & Rear Drilled Slotted Rotors Hawk Pads 269 Shipped