Remote "Full Service Tuning" and "Do it yourself" programming cables

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 11:25 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote "Full Service Tuning" and "Do it yourself" programming cables

Remote "Full Service Tuning"

Another technology first in the custom tuning industry, Trifecta Performance is now offering remote "full service tuning" with their custom tuning.

Traditional mail order tuning commonly has a stigma associated with it - it's not very precise and mail order tuners cannot use any sort of data analysis beyond seat-of-the-pants feel of the car and whether it has any symptoms of a problem (black smoke at wide open throttle or check engine light, for instance).

Trifecta Performance's custom tuning solution - the GT Tuner - now includes data logging support. This means that once you order your custom tune, install it on the vehicle, you can then use the GT Tuner to collect data about how the vehicle is running. This information can be emailed back to Trifecta Performance for analysis, and custom tune adjustments can be made and emailed back.

Whether your vehicle is on the dyno in front of us, or 3000 miles away, we now use the same type of information to perfect your tune.

This service is currently available for all supported CAN bus vehicles (LS2+, etc.) and will be available for J1850 vehicles (LS1, Gen III truck ,etc.) within the next 6-8 weeks. This service is included as part of the purchase price of a custom tune from Trifecta - $250 for LS1, $300 for LS2/3/4.

"Do it yourself" Programming Cables

Also, now available from Trifecta is a "do it yourself" programming cable. Owners of newer vehicles that are still under warranty have expressed concern about being able to install a custom tune on their vehicles and go back to their stock tune on an as-needed basis. In response to this concern, Trifecta Performance now offers a programming cable for purchase.

The programming cable is $250, but there is a $50 discount on the custom tune price - LS1 packages are $450, and LS2+ packages are $500. With this package comes the programming cable, software that runs on Windows XP, custom tune, stock tune, and a "bonus tune". The "bonus tune" could be a track tune, a nitrous tune, or anything.

All future custom tunes are eligible for the $50 discount and can be distributed by email.

Programming cables may be used on any vehicle for which the owner has a tune, so car clubs that are considering getting tuned might want to buy one cable and enjoy discounted rates on the custom tunes for their members.

The programming cable works on any GM vehicle, 1996 and newer for which Trifecta Performance offers custom programming.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:57 AM
On The Tree

anyone with a trifecta tune, chime in.
Would like to hear from some of their customers.
thx
Old 09-03-2008, 11:10 AM

Hi PCM Cobra,

I just used the Trifecta tune on my '08 C6 A6 LS3. I absolutely recommend it.

The ordering was simple, the tune is customized to your preferences, the delivery was fast and correct, and Trifecta communicated with me throughout. The tuner is a slick little package which comes with clear instructions and all the necessary components needed to install the tune and ship the package pack. Most importantly, this tune really woke my car up. The exhaust note is louder and throatier, the paddle shift times feel twice as fast, and the car is noticeably quicker. I just returned from a long highway trip and noticed an increase in fuel efficiency around 1.5 mpg. Vince folowed up with me to see how I liked it. I wanted firm shifts is D but neck-snappers in S. So he emailed an update to the tune with exactly that. I'm thrilled with it.

Craig
Old 09-03-2008, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like a cool idea. However, does anyone else find it odd that Craig C6 has exactly one post on this board and it just happens to be in support of this product?
Old 09-03-2008, 11:51 AM
FormerVendor

When he ordered from us, he said that he found us through this forum - maybe he hadn't registered?
Old 09-03-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This actually sounds like a great idea for people that don't have access to a local tuner or don't want to drive 100s of miles to leave their car somewhere for a couple of days.
Why didn't someone think of this before?

Props!
Old 09-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Teching In

I may not have a Ls1 but i have used Trifecta Performance on my chevy cobalt. The Vince was a really big help. Also with tunning for my cams i put in my car. Great customer service if you have any problems with the tune you give vince a call or email, he will always answer the phone or email back instantly. I ran into a problem here in missouri with the tune at 10:00 at night and it is 8:00 there in washington. he answered the phone after buisness hours and helped me through the problem. That is great customer service by any means.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Just ordered, can't wait to see how it goes!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:07 PM
TECH Regular

I have a trifecta tune, was just basic stuff though, correct speedo, power tuneing for CAI no cats. Car ran fine afterwards, and its extremely easy to do it . Also the few questions I had they anwserd

Last edited by bombebomb; 10-30-2008 at 06:49 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So we could order the tune, get the logger, and then make some runs on a local dyno and get some street data. Then email that back to you and then you would send us that custom tune? Do you have to have A/F ratio i.e. do I need a wideband O2 sensor installed first? How long do we have the logger for to collect data?

This sounds quite intriguing. Keep us posted.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Got the gt tuner from Vince, I had a problem with my pcm...Vince sent me another pcm with a my tune on it. Plugged it in, started right up. We are troubleshooting some issues right now that have nothing to do with the tune, I am having an injector problem.
All I can say is Vince and Trifecta stand behind their service %100! Make the call, you will not be disappointed. He is in Seattle area, I am in Florida, my stuff shipped on a Monday, it was at my house Wednesday!
Very prompt to answer phone and email. Can't say enough about the service.

Quick Reply: Remote "Full Service Tuning" and "Do it yourself" programming cables