Notices
Staff Vehicles Showcase Check out the rides that belong to the LS1TECH Staff.

RECKLESS 2000 GMC RCSB Build

Old 01-29-2019, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Default RECKLESS 2000 GMC RCSB Build

Bought this gem in Feb 2017. One owner truck with 166k and nice options for a regular cab. SLE Model with 5.3L, 4-Wheel discs, 3.42 posi rear, and spray in liner. I drove the truck daily for about 10 months with no issues.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Had the chance to pick up am ERL 416 (LS3 based) short block as they were going out of business. Paired that with GMPP LS3 heads, BTR springs, and a Vengeance Racing “KAOTIK” camshaft. Got a used LS3 intake and added a NW 92mm throttle body and Holley fuel rails. Also upgraded to a 450 pump in the tank and Aeromotive FPR on the firewall. Relocated the coils for the Vengeance valve covers. Headers are TSP 1 7/8”. Decided this would be the best time to also convert to an RPM Stage IV 4l80E and FTI Triple Disc converter (planning ahead).

Old 01-29-2019, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

After a few weeks I added a used Tahoe center console and fabbed everything up for a B&M shifter. Added a couple gauges as well. I did remove the column shift lever eventually. I drove the truck most every day for another 8-10 months.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

I then decided it needed a better stance, so I purchased the full Ridetech system with ride height sensors, 5-gallon tank, dual compressors, and wishbone rear. I want to eventually convert this to a 4-link and use the Shockwaves instead of coil-overs in the rear. We removed one of the rear cross-members in the back and mounted everything at the rear of the frame. This leaves room for the Radium triple pump fuel cell I have waiting to be installed next. Had to add wheels for the right look, so I got repro GM Wheels in natural finish 22 x 9 with Nitto rubber (275 all around). To finish off the look, I bought new front bumper pieces, grill, headlights, LED turns, rear roll pan, etc. Had everything painted gloss black to murder it out a bit.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Stock brakes were not to my liking at all. Too many times when I puckered up when someone slammed their brakes in front of me. Went for the Wilwood Aero 6-piston setup in front and the Aero 4-pistons in the rear. At the same time we did the hydroboost conversion using the write-up on this site. I sourced all new parts for this, and replaced the steering rack and PS pump at the same time, so everything would be fresh.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

A few weeks later I had paint correction done on the 18 year old paint. Still plenty of rock chips, but it looks way better!

Old 01-29-2019, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Next on the horizon:

- Install the Radium fuel cell and plumb -10an to the front with a -8an return

- A stout 427cid engine for boost
- Narrowed 9-inch and 4-link the rear and stuff some huge tires back there
- Some manner of forced induction

It's all just a matter of time and money!

Cheers!
Old 01-29-2019, 10:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Man, you fixed that truck up fast and with the right parts.
I need to learn how to do "paint corrections" too. That's looks amazing!
Old 01-29-2019, 06:03 PM
11 Second Club

Awesome build, I wish I could find a RCSB that clean around my way but no luck yet.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:32 PM
TECH Addict

Awesome build. That this has gotta be fun to drive. It's lowered too much for my liking, but other than that it's a good looking truck. I'd love to find a clean rcsb and do a build one day but living in the north east it's almost impossible to find one that's not rotting away.
Old 02-27-2019, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Time for a new page! I have sold the ERL 416 and am having a new 427 (Dart SHP) with MAST heads built by Billy Briggs. So the 416 is out:

A few nice items arrived to day from Jonathan at Huron Speed. Just a little T6 hot side

Old 04-03-2019, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Time for a little update. Truck sitting idle waiting for the new engine and various other parts. Used the time to go ahead and attempt mini-tubbing this ting myself. It was kind of a PITA, but I am happy with my amateur results. I am not a fabricator, body guy, or painter, but I watch a lot of guys do this sort of thing so that helps

One thing that really sucked was getting off the spray-in bed liner. I did my best to match it up with bed liner from a rattle can after I was done. Much more to go on back here in this bed in the months to come. Addition of a water/ice tank and air-to-water intercooler. Also decided to mount the Radium fuel cell up here for easier access Instead of under the bed). Will be doing that this week.

Got the Walbro pumps all hooked up in the surge tank and ready to go. Set up is single Walbro 450 lift pump filling the bucket with three more Walbro 450s.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: