Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How much do tweeter pods cost?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 02:51 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default How much do tweeter pods cost?

EDIT: THESE ARE NOW ON SALE !!!!

I just snapped these quick here in the office (bad pics, bad lighting, dirty/dusty pieces) but I did check fitment in the car today and they clear the doors fine.

Instead of a half-assed mounting technique I had him mold in a recession for the screw. It is really thick and reinforced so you just drill a small hole in the recession (I have you drill it just to make sure it lines up where you need it to), add a small washer (optional but I am doing it) and screw in using the FACTORY screw from the triangle you removed.

Pretty proud to be able to offer you QUALITY (IMHO at least) designs... Pics aren't great but I took a bunch from every angle for you...

The cut out holes for the tweeters are about 1.5" If you were to cut more I think your max is 2"...

Ok, ready to order... First 10 people to order get it for my cost (actually a little less than my cost per piece BUT I save money by paying for 10 at a time), $150. After that it will be $175 shipped because they'll be one-offs he charges more and I'm tacking on my $15 profit ...

I hope to have pics before the week is over but whomever wants in on the first 10 shoot the paypal to madelisle@yhaoo.com and put "tweeter pods" in the note.

Once I show pics if you don't like it I'll refund the $150 and then whomever was #11 will get a $25 refund and so forth...

Back to original post...

I haven't really ever seen any for sale for a prolonged period of time. How much do the fiberglass ones usually sell for?

Similar to these:

Anyone make them in carbon fiber? How much? Thanks...

Last edited by 6LITEREATER; 09-01-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:12 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe a friend of mine named Kevin was making them and those actually look like his work. He only did them in small batches. The price was $75.00 so they were not cheap but the only other person that made them was Mike from F-body Audio and he no longer making them at all.
Carbonfiber would be cool but I'm not sure if he'd do it. Maybe if you had the carbonfiber or make some regular ones from fiberglass and use the vinyl wrap that looks like carbonfiber.

Last edited by KEE AUDIO; 10-22-2008 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
I believe a freind of mine named Kevin was making them and those actually look like his work. He only did them in small batches. The price was $75.00 so they were not cheap but the only other person that made them was Mike from F-body Audio and he no longer making them at all.
Carbonfiber would be cool but I'm not sure if he'd do it. Maybe if you had the carbonfiber or make some regular ones from fiberglass and use the vinyl wrap that looks like carbonfiber.
Yeah Kevin was making them for that price, don't know if he still does them.

Wouldn't mind seeing them in C/F
Old 10-19-2008, 08:19 AM
Banned

He lives not far from me in Kennesaw GA. He's a great installer and fabricator but has a "real" job now and only does a small amount of fabrication work.
For the record when I said they weren't cheap I wasn't knocking the price...they are worth every penny as they are quality pieces!
Old 10-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Banned

Cool, thanks guys! The pics are from a set in my car. The quality is not great. The shape is good but the mounting was horrible.

A piece of plumber strap epoxied in. It didn't line up with the hole it was supposed to and snapped off in my hand.

I ended up using the broken plumber strap to bend off the mirror bolt, added a screw thread bracket and secured the pod to the car by putting the cup in and screwing the cup to the bracket.

Anyways, long story short my CF guy is really good with molds and I was having him give it a shot. Just didn't know if cost would be prohibitive to sell them because I didn't know what they went for (mine went for $20 used because the guy who bought them couldn't figure out how to install them).

Should have pics and prices soon, thanks again!
Old 10-19-2008, 01:31 PM
TECH Resident

why not get these
Old 10-19-2008, 02:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by pdasterly
why not get these
The only problem with Q logic kicker panels is the fact the speakers could easily be damaged by anything on your shoes, or the shoes themself. Plus you loose foot space, but mainly I don't like the thought of trashing a set of good speakers just getting in/out of my car.
Otherwise their great.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my tweets installed in the doors. Sound is projected right at the front seats. Soundz great!
Old 10-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by thecobrahunter
I had my tweets installed in the doors. Sound is projected right at the front seats. Soundz great!
I dont know about doing this. IMO that just looks out of place. Kind of like you just screwed the pod/tweeter into the door. Yeah it serves its purpose for SQ reasons but not cosmetically pleasing. Not bashing your work or anything just not my cup of tea...
Old 10-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Banned

It looks better with the door closed as it is closer to the dash when the door is shut. A flush mount install would also look better in that location...but....it would also require cutting an even bigger hole in the panel. As it stands now there is just a small hole for the wire to come through that can be easily filled back in.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lightbulb

Mine sound pretty good mounted here.
But I'm still debating whether to flush mount them or not.
Does it really look bad with the tweeters surface mounted?

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 10-20-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I was debating on making it flush mounted, but at the time I was very leery on cutting a big-*** hold in my door panel.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

Here is how I did mine. A lil bondo and some vinyl wrap on the factory pillars.

These didn't turn out perfect, but they do the job. Matter of fact, I'd almost trade someone their factory pillars for these. I want to move mine down into the doors.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Banned

Alright, so here's what my guy is making...

Not sure if finished piece will be fiberglass, carbon fiber, or if we will offer both. He does do great CF work though...

Could look really cool in CF
Old 10-21-2008, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Twotonefreak
Here is how I did mine. A lil bondo and some vinyl wrap on the factory pillars.

These didn't turn out perfect, but they do the job. Matter of fact, I'd almost trade someone their factory pillars for these. I want to move mine down into the doors.
I'd mount em in the A-Pillar. They look good there and are almost out of sight. Another good place would be the factory tweeter location in the T/A door panels.

Twotonefreak, if your serious, hit me up. Those are awesome looking.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:38 AM
Banned

Wow Kee! Just checked out your site, awesome stuff!!! I'll be hitting you up to just revamp everything soon (gotta re-do exhaust first).

I'll keep my 10" stealth box with JL Audio sub but need good speakers ALL AROUND (tweeters included) and amps (plus your amp rack probably)...

I don't know much about stereo but want a good clean sound and it looks like you're definitely the place to do
Old 10-22-2008, 05:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadlee2KZ
I dont know about doing this. IMO that just looks out of place. Kind of like you just screwed the pod/tweeter into the door. Yeah it serves its purpose for SQ reasons but not cosmetically pleasing. Not bashing your work or anything just not my cup of tea...

yaa me to........... not my type..........
Old 10-22-2008, 06:06 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You dont need pods, just mount them into the a pillar. They fit perfectly in that flat spot shown above. OF course it all depends on the depth of your tweeter as well. I'll look for a pic of mine mounted. You dont want them in the vents, nothing worse than a tweet blaring in your face. You dont want them direct, or at least I neverliked them that way, not matter how much you control them, the sound stage is never right..IMO
Old 10-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Wow Kee! Just checked out your site, awesome stuff!!! I'll be hitting you up to just revamp everything soon (gotta re-do exhaust first).

I'll keep my 10" stealth box with JL Audio sub but need good speakers ALL AROUND (tweeters included) and amps (plus your amp rack probably)...

I don't know much about stereo but want a good clean sound and it looks like you're definitely the place to do
Thank you very much!! I appreciate the kind words! I'll be ready when you are.
If your looking at amps and speakers you need to check out the "special deals" section on the site and pan down. I have the new CDT amp with components for a rediculous discount. CDT is giving me that pricing till the end of the month but I bought 3 sets. That amp is awesome and you get CDT components with it!!
Old 10-22-2008, 08:23 AM
TECH Resident

Squee, I'll shoot you a pm with some more pictures later.

Quick Reply: How much do tweeter pods cost?