Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stereo Plans

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 08:17 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Stereo Plans

What stereo equipment would someone recommend???
This is what I want to get and holy crap it's expensive.

ALPINE HEAD UNIT:
http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=IVA-D106

ALPINE SPEAKERS:
http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...?model=SPR-17C (6 1/2)

2 SETS FOR A TOTAL OF 4 SPEAKERS I MIGHT DO 6X9 IN THE BACK INSTEAD OF THE 6 1/2'S

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...?model=SPR-69C (6X9)

ALPINE SPEAKERS AMP:
http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=MRP-F300

ALPINE SUBWOOFERS:
http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...odel=SWR-1222D

ALPINE SUB AMPLIFIER:
http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...odel=MRP-M1000

I EITHER WANT TO DO THE TYPE R'S OR THE ROCKFORD P3'S
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...n_US&p_status=

I WANT TO DYNAMAT TOO

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK?? YAY?? OR NAY???

What other stereo equipment would someone recommend??? I will not but JL JBL OR MTX.

Sorry about that guys if you were trying to click on the links...I copied and pasted them out of my other forum and something got screwed up. But they're good now.

Last edited by 4THGENCAMAROFAN; 12-16-2008 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Fixing Links
Old 12-16-2008, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

PM KEE AUDIO (a sponser here) im sure hell get u set up.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your links dont work, but maybe its just my computer.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

now they work, the only thing i would change is the speaker. Get the component type r's. they sound way better than the coaxial. But all that alpine is going to cost a ton!
Old 12-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blackSSmoke01
now they work, the only thing i would change is the speaker. Get the component type r's. they sound way better than the coaxial. But all that alpine is going to cost a ton!
Yeah I know that stuff is crazy expensive especially the headunit it's tippin a grand without taxes or extra warrenites.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

As far as headunit's go i like alpines, pioneers, and kenwoods. If you want want to learn alot about car audio, to see whats good and not check out www.caraudio.com/forum. I've learned a TON over the past couple of months from there.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Launching!

As far as headunit's go i like alpines, pioneers, and kenwoods. If you want want to learn alot about car audio, to see whats good and not check out www.caraudio.com/forum. I've learned a TON over the past couple of months from there.
Ok will do. Thanks for the link.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Where would I put the tweeter though....im ABSOLUTELY NOTdrilling a hole in my door panel for one.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 4THGENCAMAROFAN
Where would I put the tweeter though....im ABSOLUTELY NOTdrilling a hole in my door panel for one.
You can find some component sets that mount the same was coaxial's do but are actually seperate. I think CDT makes one, elemental designs makes 2 kinds, diamond audio make a couple. Theres a few brands that do but off the top of my head thats all i got.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

You have the money.... go with a double-din. The custom bezels are all over this board. The Pioneer D3 goes for about that price now AND has navigation.

I second switching to components for the front. Dramatically improves sound stage. Coaxils for the rear is fine.

How many subs are you planning on? Just one? If so, I would switch both amps for the opposite model offered by Alpine. Higher power F600 and lower power M500. If you plan on running a pair of subs, I'd still think about bumping up to the F600.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

You can find some component sets that mount the same was coaxial's do but are actually seperate. I think CDT makes one, elemental designs makes 2 kinds, diamond audio make a couple. Theres a few brands that do but off the top of my head thats all i got.
Then what's the point? Coaxils all have built in caps that block bass to the tweeter and inductors that block highs to the woofer. If you can't improve on the sound stage, then why bother?!
Old 12-16-2008, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by firebirdude
Then what's the point? Coaxils all have built in caps that block bass to the tweeter and inductors that block highs to the woofer. If you can't improve on the sound stage, then why bother?!
Its still a component set, but just a different way to mount it instead of surface or flush mount. Heres the elemental designs:http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_...products_id=49 like this . not my cup of tea, but an idea
Old 12-16-2008, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

IMO a coaxially mounted component will sound way better then a pair of coaxils

are u doing kicks? i see u wanna run 4 sets, why is beyond me
Old 12-17-2008, 07:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by firebirdude
You have the money.... go with a double-din. The custom bezels are all over this board. The Pioneer D3 goes for about that price now AND has navigation.

I second switching to components for the front. Dramatically improves sound stage. Coaxils for the rear is fine.

How many subs are you planning on? Just one? If so, I would switch both amps for the opposite model offered by Alpine. Higher power F600 and lower power M500. If you plan on running a pair of subs, I'd still think about bumping up to the F600.
I'm going to have 2 subs but what's wrong with the m1000 I posted above. Wired correctly it puts out 1000 watts rms at 2 ohms which is perfect for these subs.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
IMO a coaxially mounted component will sound way better then a pair of coaxils

are u doing kicks? i see u wanna run 4 sets, why is beyond me
What do you mean 4 sets?????? I want a total of 4 speakers.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

polk speakers are much, much better than alpines, and jl and mtx. i have compared in person. circuit city should have the polks on display.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry i read it as 4 sets, not 2

i still highly recommend a coaxially mounted component speaker, or at the very least a coax with external crossover like the polk momo or mm
Old 12-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
sorry i read it as 4 sets, not 2

i still highly recommend a coaxially mounted component speaker, or at the very least a coax with external crossover like the polk momo or mm
I know Polk is good but I really want to strictly stick with Alpine on my Camaro's system.
I know I asked what everyone else recommends and i'll take it into consideration if I do a system in another vehicle......maybe a Durango or something like that for winter. But for now it's going to be just Alpine.

My brother put two 12 type E's in his Probe and I feel sorry for the thing. Those subs are shaking that car apart. He also has an older Alpine headunit (not sure which model). Has bostons in the doors and in back and I can't stand the way they sound..they are way too high pitched for me.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Launching!

The Alpine SPR-17S (6 1/2" + 1" Tweeter) fits beautifully in the T/A doors. The 1" tweeter is a direct fit where the stock tweeters were mounted. No drilling/cutting required.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TA-Swede
The Alpine SPR-17S (6 1/2" + 1" Tweeter) fits beautifully in the T/A doors. The 1" tweeter is a direct fit where the stock tweeters were mounted. No drilling/cutting required.
Well if I had a Trans Am that would work out reallt good but unfortunately I don't.

How do you put a picture on the side by your username.....is it the avatar or the signature picture???
NVM I GOT IT!!!!

Last edited by 4THGENCAMAROFAN; 12-18-2008 at 03:20 PM.