Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wiring fog lights with halos help needed ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Wiring fog lights with halos help needed ASAP

I bought this kit http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=1014 as a member suggested it and they look real nice on his car. He said theres a way to wire them so that the halos will come on with the headlight switch in the middle position, and then use the fog light switch to power the actual fogs. The kit comes with a wiring harness, which has its own relay, but the relay only controls the power and ground for the fogs, not the halos. The halos are connected by a single yellow wire, and then all the wires (red and white for the fogs and yellow for the halos) meet up to connect to the supplied switch. Im thinking I can just attach the yellow wire to something that comes on with the parking lights, the question is what am I looking for? Thanks
Old 12-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

GM generally uses brown wire for the parking light circuit. Find a brown wire at one of the lights, test it with a multimeter or test light and it should work for your switch. If you prefer using something under the dash, the brown wire in the radio harness is parking light power as well.