Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Factory Security Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Factory Security Issues

Last night, my electrical system got weird. The headlights were dimming rapidly (I had a 750W RMS Draw on it) so I turned the stereo down a lot. I got to a friends house, turned the car off, and when I turned to lock the doors with the Key FOB NOTHING happened. I got in the car, no dome light, no dash lights with the key in the ignition. When I got up this morning I went out and undid the connections to my optima yellow top battery. There was a bunch of corrosion on the positive terminal that I cleaned up. Re-connected the battery and got my dash lights back when I put the keys in the ignition. But as soon as I turn the key to start the car, the security light starts flashing (if my horn actually worked, it'd be going off) and all of the gauges go to zero. I can turn off the flashing security light/alarm with the panic button on the key fob, but as soon as I go to start the car again, it starts again. Any ideas what to do here?
Old 01-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can bypass the security under the steering column there is a small yellow wire and a small black wire if you google it there is a way to meter the resistance and put a resistor 25 cents at radio dhack in line to eliminate the security system.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

i still wonder if its a poor battery connection or a weak battery
Old 01-04-2009, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
i still wonder if its a poor battery connection or a weak battery
Nope. Turns out it was the theft-lock ignition ( you know they little guy you stick the key in). My warranty should cover it, otherwise I'm out $440.