Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Complete 02 WS6 ICE overhaul

Old 01-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Complete 02 WS6 ICE overhaul

hey guys. its been a while...

im always on here lurking, but figured it was time to post.

im about to start ripping my entire car to shreds and just figured id ask you guys if my setup looked like everything would work out...

HU: Eclipse CD5100HU, 3 preouts, 3chan. parametric eq. ect. nav. pretty nice unit. 220dollars

Speakers:

POWER: 4 channel alpine amp. 50wRMS, 75wRMS@2ohms. powering front and rear 100 dollars

Front: Alpine Type S 6.5 coax speakers. (already own) only thing im worryied about is mounting depth? will that be okay? 100 dollars

Rear: JBL GTO 4200? idk 4" speakers. replace rear stockers 25 dollars

Sail panel: plan to order some BAzookas from KEE and use the stock amp to power them. DO YOU GUYS think that the stock amp will be able to move the Zookas enough to keep up with the aftermarket amp? ~120 dollars

Low end power:

AMP: alpine MRD-M1001 total DSP processing amp. 1000wRMS, 1800max@2ohms. 270dollars

SUB: Alpine Type X 10" @ 2 ohms... 200dollars

BOX: JL audio STealthbox, W3 removed for the X, cut out the fiberglass hole so the X will fit. 80 dollars

wiring: 3 runs of RCAs, amp remote turn on, 2 runs of speaker wire to front speakers from 4 channel amp, 2 runs to rear, 2 runs of 14 gauge from sub amp to sub box
all powered by 1/0 gauge welding wire, distribution curtosey of Streetwires power block. grounded with 1/0 gauge. 120-150 dollars

Battery: optima yellow top ? price amount.

total cost is around 1400 dollars if i DIY.

i plan on powering everything but the rear tweeters and the sail panel subs with something other than the stock Monsoon unit.

but yeah. i was just throwing out specs to see what you guys thought. if it seemed okay, little rocky.., maybe will sound good. lol

just looking for some opinions.

thx

ps. complete top end swap is comming soon

EDIT: i forgot the only problem with my build. i cant find a harness for aftermarket deck ANYWHERE online. a little help would be great

Last edited by dckmn52; 01-03-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dont run the sail panels off the stock amp, thats gonna be a waste. Use your amp to power your front speakers and sail panels and use the stock amp for the rears. The rear speakers are just for fill anyway, you wont notice a difference. Alot of people just unplug them
Old 01-04-2009, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wiring try schoche(sp?) from petra they have tons of them
Old 01-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Launching!

so your saying to power the sail panels at 50wRMS? and leave the rear speakers on stock amp power?
okay.... but if i do that id have to switch to some Elemental Design speakers right? somehow i dont trust bazooka subs to that much power at 2ohms. lol.

and i finally did find a harness. Crutchfield has everything

and for running on stock alternator at an added 1300wRMS, is an upgrade NEEDED? or can i just run an optima and watch my voltage gauge close?

thx for your help guys. ill be sure to post pics of it when its all said and done.

Search this Thread