Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

My alpine speakers dont sound right???

Old 01-15-2009, 01:15 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My alpine speakers dont sound right???

hey so a while back i let my brother borrow my car and next time i drove it i noticed the speakers next to the back seat in the panels were blown. i bought a new set of alpines.. cant remember which ones but after i installed them they sound really quiet not like they should. did i do something wrong?
Old 01-15-2009, 07:52 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blades11b
hey so a while back i let my brother borrow my car and next time i drove it i noticed the speakers next to the back seat in the panels were blown. i bought a new set of alpines.. cant remember which ones but after i installed them they sound really quiet not like they should. did i do something wrong?
CAn you give us the model numbers of the speakers????? DO you have an aftermarket HU or a stock one. If you have an aftermarket one please list the model number of that too.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Assuming you have the Monsoon system, you replaced subs with full-range speakers. You will get nothing but bass frequencies because of the low pass filtering of the Monsoon amp and your full-range Alpines aren't designed to handle that.

Search this Thread