Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speaker wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Speaker wiring question

I have a TA with the Monsoon system....

My wife bought me an Alpine iDA-X100 for Christmas (I was hinting hard!) so I finally replaced my headunit. The problem is I got the bug hard and went out and, after my research, picked up a sub amp, 10in stealth w/sub and a 4 channel amp and amp rack. I am about 2/3's of the way getting it installed.

My question is this..... Can I run the front stock speakers with 2 channels of the 4 channel amp until I get some replacements? Or will the full range signal from the amp blow the tweeter in the front? I can set the crossover in the headunit for the bass. My intent is to disconnect the monsoon amp and cut into its wiring to get the fronts going. The wiring is in good shape and I do not think I want to run new wire. It seems to me that the monsoon amp has 2 sets of outputs for each front leading me to believe the crossover for the tweeters in front is internal to the amp...??

The other 2 channels of the new amp will run the rears with the rear deck speakers disconnected and coiax or triax speakers in the sailpanels....I was also hoping to run the factory speakers til I could get replacements but it appears this will not work.

I initially installed the head unit into the factory set-up and was pretty happy with this except for the bass output so I decided to go all out (at least for my tastes.....no 1.21 gigawatt subs for this mommas boy....!!) I just can't go the extra $$ for a couple weeks for 4 new speakers but I want to jam!

Thanks for any help!!

Last edited by LS1pilot; 01-22-2009 at 03:22 PM. Reason: clerical
Old 01-22-2009, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would`nt, all but 1 of my stock speakers blew out with the stock HU and amp.
someone will buy your stock speakers. LOL
wait until you get a new set for the front. IMO