Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't
View Poll Results: Which way should I go?
Peripheral ISimple
0%
GM9-AUX
0%
Get a new head unit with built in ipod controls/aux imput
100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Add Iphone support to stock HU or buy a new cheap HU?

Old 02-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Add Iphone support to stock HU or buy a new cheap HU?

What do you guys think? I am at an internship now, so my salary is crap right now.

Peripheral ISimple Ipod GM kit would control song selection through the stock HU/steering wheel controls, but would not charge the Iphone(minor). Around $100

GM9-AUX would simply be an AUX jack, all control would be on Iphone.

If I go with a new HU, I wouldn't splurge for the steering wheel controls, so I would lose those. I probably wouldn't spend more than $150 on it, so keep that in mind.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:53 PM
11 Second Club

I think you should go for the isimple interface kit, you might be hard pressed to find a new headunit that works with the iPhone, especially if you're on a budget, I tried to use my iPhone on my new pioneer unit and they won't work together, I tried using it through the USB plug, I have an iPod jack on the back but no cable for it, I don't know if it will work with that or not. The iPhones are a bit different than iPods when it comes to interfacing, but good luck with wichever you choose
Old 02-03-2009, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Unless you have a 3G Iphone, it will charge it. They have a optional cable that will allow you to charge the 3G Iphone as well. I think it just came out.

Search this Thread