Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wiring Halo's to Foglight Switch

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Halo's to Foglight Switch

Hello, I put halo headlights in my car and I want to wire them up to an extra foglight switch I have. (Yes extra) so I can have them on whenever I want even by themselves. I plan to run new wiring, but I cannot for the life of me seem to find a wiring diagram for the switch. Can anyone help me out with that?

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2009, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you have a harness for the switch, or are you going to be soldering wires to the leads in the back of the switch?
Old 02-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Launching!

I do not have a foglight harness for the switch. I was suprised when I pulled off the plastic plate and found wiring already there though behind one of the black filler pieces. I am assuming that is for traction control, which my car does not have. I can use that though if need be I believe, just need to trim the plastic notch off.

I just have no idea what each post is for on the back of the foglight switch. I found a wiring diagram for the entire car, but cannot seem to find the switch listed. I know I've seen someones car posted on here that has their lights wired up this way but I cannot for the life of me remember whom.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can definitely use that other traction control harness, it'll actually make things alot easier. Can you by any chance get me the wire colors off of that harness? I can probably walk you through the rest of how to wire it up once I get those.

Last edited by blindxeyed; 02-08-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Launching!

Thanks, I actually found what I think I needed on here. It took me 2 hours of searching and changing my searches. But if what I found doesnt end up working I will let you know.

I found it here!
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ners-done.html