Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sound quality of bazooka 6.5 WF641.5DV with stock radio & amp?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Sound quality of bazooka 6.5 WF641.5DV with stock radio & amp?

I'm keeping the stock radio & amp & other stock speakers.

I tried a kicker cvt65 (4ohm powered by one pair of the wires) and it is not loud enough either because it's not a dvc or the sensitivity rating is low, nor does it seem to have a midbass range like the factory. With the stock system the factory subs sounded better than the kickers.

How does the bazooka 6.5 WF641.5DV in a stock system sound compared to the factory subs?
Same or greater sensitivity, or lower output?
Same freq range?

Lets focus on sail panel sub replacements with:
Stock radio, speakers & amp!

Thanks.

Last edited by ls1tech.fan; 02-16-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Launching!

2nd that...my monsoon isnt cutting it anymore
Old 02-17-2009, 07:30 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

They sound great and are definitely tighter and clearer than the ones that came with the car from the factory. (Even before the OEM speakers were torn up and got funky.)

The frequency response is generally a function of the design and the power is a function of the system, so you won't get much more on those fronts. I can't tell a difference in frequency response and volume delivery vs. stock.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default I was tired of my factory system too!

Original post removed by officermartinez

Last edited by officermartinez; 02-17-2009 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Sorry, misread the OP's thread.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by officermartinez
One word: Toby. ( http://www.toby.com/ )

If you are unfamiliar with them, to this very day, they still hold the LOUDEST Band-pass box in COMPETITION HISTORY, since the IASCA World Finals in 1998! I have the Toby Ranger box (only 2 TEN INCH Subs). They are low power at that! It doesn't take a-guh-jillion watts to push so your amp can remain low power. Obviously, low power amps are generally MUCH better on voltage drain that their high wattage amp counterparts.

They have 8", 10" and 12" subs. I highly recommend them. You WON'T be dissapointed. Quality craftsmanship and they stand behind their product 100%! A little side story here also.. My wife and I drove to the Toby factory / store. My wife is actually "legally deaf". She has to wear hearing aids to even hear me talking to her. Anyway, both of us were in the Toby display room and I asked them to play a few "demo songs" that I had. I asked my wife to remove her hearing aids because I knew it was going to be really loud. What happened next, was the funniest thing.. I had some paperwork with me that I sat down on a counter top inside the display room. Once he cranked the music, it took every bit of about 2 seconds for that paperwork to fly off of the counter. It was really amazing to see HOW MUCH AIR those Toby bandpass boxes can move! My wife's hair was moving and she even hit me. SHE HIT ME??? So, the Toby saleman turned it down and I said, OMG! That was awesome! My wife then hit me one more time on the shoulder and said, "when I'm in the car, there is NO WAY you are going to turn your stereo up that loud". She said she felt weird breathing, while the music was way up. ..hahaha! Priceless!

Obviously, that is at the extreme part of it but a single 10" should be PLENTY for most audiophiles.
And that relates to 6.5" Bazooka subs with stock head unit and amp how?
Old 02-17-2009, 08:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by OhOneWS6
And that relates to 6.5" Bazooka subs with stock head unit and amp how?
I thought the OP was talking about adding the Bazooka (tube) to augment the low frequency output by his factory setup. I now realize that he is only replacing the 6 1/2's rather than adding a little 6 1/2" sub tube.

Quick Reply: Sound quality of bazooka 6.5 WF641.5DV with stock radio & amp?