Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wanting to do some speaker upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 03:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wanting to do some speaker upgrades

Im hoping you guys can help me, I have read a good number of threads on the matter but im not sure what I want yet. A few years ago I replaced the Sail panels with some of what I am fairly sure were the worst speakers ever made, but I'm a college kid so moneys tight.

Anyway, I am for sure going to replace them now, I have an aftermarket headunit and the stock amp I assume is still working. My questions are what should I go with. Some 6.5 subs or components? Should I get a bigger amp?

As I said I have seen a number of threads on the same subject, but I am looking to stay below 80 bucks for the speakers, is this possible to have any quality? Also I guess since the hatch speakers are only 4'' speakers I would think something much better than stock would be fairly reasonable in price, what you guys think?

Thanks in advance
Old 04-20-2009, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dont bother buying 4" speakers. Eventually replace them with components or just the 6.5 without tweeters. As for sails, I'd put in woofers but i dont think you can find any for $80, unless you mean 80 a speaker. Try looking for the kickers, etc that people use here on amazon and see if you can find it cheap.

Also, your amp powers almost every speaker in the car, not just sails. So you'd know if it wasnt working.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

Yea I meant less than 80 together. Im gonna go look today and see what I can find
Old 04-20-2009, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do fronts only, and replace the sails only if they're blown. Concentrate on fronts.

Edit: Actually, get yourself some decent springs first. Cut the old ones up before throwing them away so no unfortunate soul ever uses them again.

Edit edit: You list Sportlines, but not your shocks? Don't tell me you have crap springs on stock shocks.

Last edited by dragonrage; 04-20-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

^ hahaha
Old 04-21-2009, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dragonrage
Do fronts only, and replace the sails only if they're blown. Concentrate on fronts.

Edit: Actually, get yourself some decent springs first. Cut the old ones up before throwing them away so no unfortunate soul ever uses them again.

Edit edit: You list Sportlines, but not your shocks? Don't tell me you have crap springs on stock shocks.

You know your right, so when you send payment for me to buy better springs do you mind spending cash?

You fail to mention any mods on your signature, so should I come in one of your threads and ask if you have crap tires on crappy stock rims?

I was unaware I put my thread in the suspension section

Edit: I appreciate the input just not the cut down outta no where

Last edited by 199TAmaster; 04-21-2009 at 01:30 AM.