Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Infinity Kappa 652.9i

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinity Kappa 652.9i

Is anybody running these speakers? How do they sound? What is the best way to wire these up with the monsoon amp? I read the thread about trying to wire tweeters separately. These also have there own crossover. I was going to try to do all new speakers with a new amp but I think now I am just going to try to run all new 2ohm speakers instead of the monsoon amp for the time being.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:59 PM
Staging Lane

i got a pair, they are nice

not as loud
Old 04-29-2009, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

would you say its a huge difference? I usually listen to my music pretty loud
Old 04-29-2009, 07:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you listen to music pretty loud you are going to want an amp with any components. Most are made to be paired with about 100 rms. I have my eye on jensen 4 channel and 2 channel amps on sonicelectronix. Would be $115 shipped. Because now that I am driving with t tops off, you really NEED an amp (i have 2 pair of polks). Wait until you have another $130 or so to spare (factoring in wires, etc).
Old 04-29-2009, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

down the road I definately want to do a complete overhaul but right now my front speakers are blown to **** and I just want a good speaker to get me through till I get some other stuff done with the car. I really want to do a component system but I hate the fact of mounting a tweeter in the door (camaro) and when 6LE finishes his tweeter pods they are still gonna be pretty expensive...I may just have to buck up and buy them.

Quick Reply: Infinity Kappa 652.9i