Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

OEM Monsoon Stero Help Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question OEM Monsoon Stero Help Questions

I had my car out last week, radio and everyting was fine.

Fast forward to Friday morning. I went to take the car outta the garage, and i was going to change some cds in the OEM cd changer. I opened the door but the case never ejected itself out like it usually did. So i thought well i havent changed cds in over a year and a half maybe i need to put the key in and turn it to ACC. So i did that and it still did not pop out. Then i was like well maybe i need to have my radio on (as you can tell i hardly change my cds). Went to turn the radio on and my power antenna did not rise, my cd changer still did not pop out. And all that works is the indash cd player and the radio itelf. BUT...... all that come out from the speaker if using the radio or indash cd player is HIGHS... and they are very faint.. You can barely hear them..

So what went wrong? Did my Monsson HU crap out on me?

Any ideas guys?
Old 05-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a thought but did you check all the fuses? I'm not sure but there might be a separate fuse for the monsoon amp and the CD changer..
Old 05-05-2009, 09:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by OhOneWS6
Just a thought but did you check all the fuses? I'm not sure but there might be a separate fuse for the monsoon amp and the CD changer..
Never checked a fuse. Don't see why it would blow? But i can check it for sure
Old 05-05-2009, 03:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

OhOneWs6,

thanks for the advice i really appreciate it.

Turns out that the radio accy fuse was blown. Dunno how it happend, replaced it and my changer works again, antenna goes up and down again.

So thanks for the help!!!!!!!!