Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Niteshade to dark, Convert to LED?? Input needed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Niteshade to dark, Convert to LED?? Input needed!

So i niteshaded my taillights, i wanted them black! so thats what i did, they came out pretty dark and now in the bright sunlight you can barely even see my them! its pretty bad. the brake lights you can kinda see. they look fine at night though.

Im considering converting to led from superbrightleds. If i do my tails, i might as well do every other light on my car right??

My question is: are these 25 LED 3157s from them brighter than stock? ive heard that they are not, hence there would be no point in upgrading.

Just need some input from somebody that has first hand experience on how the brightness compares to stock

As far as i know, this is what i will need:

2x 3157 Red 25 led bulbs for the brake lights
2x 3157 White 25 led bulbs for the reverse lights
4x 3157 Amber 25 led bulbs for the front turns and rear turns
4x 194 red 5 led bulbs for the rear side markers and the taillight outside markers
2x 194 amber 5 led bulbs for the front daytime running lights
1x 194 white 5 led bulb for the license plate light
2x EL12 flashers for turn signals and hazards

Does that sound about right?
Old 05-08-2009, 12:09 AM
Launching!

come on i know somebody has to have some knowledge about this.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Launching!

nobody?
Old 05-08-2009, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah all your bulbs are right. The only thing is the LEDs for the tails are really hard to see with stock tails so your being dark would be really hard. Not so much at night they look sweet in the dark. One thing you could try is at your local parts store just pick up whatever 3157 LED they have and try them out. I know the more LEDs they have the brighter they are, but they aren't cheep unless you can get them cheep. I love mine though I like the instant on/instant off part of having LEDs. And the flashers are the right ones I replaced both like you said. I found on my flashers though are very hard to hear so you might like the loud flasher instead. As far as the side marker lights go I have them all the way around and love the way it looks. I don't have any pics to show you though. Hope that helps.