Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stereo Surging

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 12:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Stereo Surging

Ever since I woke the car up from hibernation over the winter, its been having a strange issue with the stereo. The best way to describe it is that it surges in and out. No matter what the fade/balance is sometimes the front speakers will fade out and then just kick in again. Im not sure whether this is a problem with the headunit (stock monsoon) or whether the speakers are just going out. Any help is appreciated.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My bass started to do this.. once I get the car back from hail repair I plan to take some connector cleaner and see if it helps out.. I know it'd not a fix but perhaps it could help your sitch...
Old 05-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have steering controls make sure it isn't something to do with that. I had problems with mine turning all the way up when I first bought the car. It turned out to be a bad steering volume control. Just one of several things it could be. When it surges try turning the volume up or down and see if it affects the problem.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The steering wheel controls have been kind of picky lately, but the volume doesnt affect the problem. It seems like its something with the door speakers not getting a signal because the back ones never fade or anything.