Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Air conditioner vent problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Air conditioner vent problem

Ok, went on a road trip for Mother's Day and has some A/C problems. With the A/C on max sometimes the air is hardly coming out of the vents (any of them), but you can hear the blower motor working hard. Sometimes is better than others. On regular A/C we didn't have a problem (yet anyway). I am figuring it is the vaccum line that controls that actuator door in the vents or the actuator itself. I was wondering if anyone had a diagram of which lines go where and which actuators control which functions.

I had a similar problem in my grandparents LeSabre and it ended up being a separate control module that cost $400. I hope the Camaro doesn't have that type of setup.

Any help would be really appreciated.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in a similiar situation as you, I am not getting any air coming out of the vents, but there is air blowing out on the floor and the single vent that shoots up on the windshield. The previous owner had put gauges, in the two vents that are on the drivers side, so I figured he had the upper vents disabled so it didn't screw with the gauges. Is it common for people to disable the upper vents when gauges are put in them?
Justin
Old 05-11-2009, 01:12 AM
Launching!

I am having the same EXACT problem as spdrcr
Old 05-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds like you guys might need to check and see if the vaccum line at the back of the intake is hooked up and not leaking. I wish mine was that simple.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

I had the same problem, found the black hose that goes to the back of the manifold, sure enough it was disconnected. I hooked it back up and sure enough, now my vents work for my a/c.
thanks for everyone's help.
justin
Old 05-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Launching!

in the back of the intake?or at the T, i didnt check the intake
Old 05-15-2009, 03:25 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have sporadically had that with about three of my F-Bodies. Usually, if I just violently turn the **** (to change from vent to floor to defrost, etc...) back and forth and keep it blowing on high it fixes itself...
Old 05-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Launching!

Its a vac line had the same problem on my T/A no air out of the vents

i brought it to my mechanic put it on lift traced lines and found out one of the lines eroded my car also idled better after too
Old 06-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Launching!

someone have a pic of where those three lines go, I found the 3 way splitter, but one line goes to the firewall and the other two wrap up into a lot of wire shields and I cant trace them, where in the back of the manifold (ls6) *pics would help a lot, and where does the last one go.... Thanks
Old 06-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Launching!

how you figure it is the same exact problem as this him, we are all trying to fix are problems
Old 06-06-2009, 01:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cryptnosis
someone have a pic of where those three lines go, I found the 3 way splitter, but one line goes to the firewall and the other two wrap up into a lot of wire shields and I cant trace them, where in the back of the manifold (ls6) *pics would help a lot, and where does the last one go.... Thanks
http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#HVAC_vacuum

I know this is for an lt1 but it will be very similar with the ls1, you just have to try and follow the lines, what sucks for me is that the line going into the firewall broke off and i just hope i dont have to mess with the dash too much to fix this.