Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Advice on aftermarket HU speakers

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Advice on aftermarket HU speakers

I need some help selecting two good pairs of speakers for my 00 Camaro. I'm currently picking up the pieces to replace the stock stereo, but i cant seem to pull the trigger when it comes to speakers. The head unit I'll be using is a Sony CDX-GT630UI. I chose the Sony because i know it interfaces with my Iphone perfectly. I also have a pair of mtx amps (Thunder3404 50x4, 200w mono) one of which will power my sub and the other will power the door and sail panel speakers.

My plan has been to find a set of components that can be mounted coaxialy for the door speakers and a set of regular coaxial for the sail panel speakers. I can make my own coaxial bracket for the fronts if i need to. My budget is about $250 for both pairs. I looked at a set Clarion SRP1620M components and can be mounted like a coaxial that sounded good in the showroom, but i couldn't find anyone that has used them in a vehicle. At this point I'm just a little overwhelmed with the number of speakers out there.

Does anyone have some suggestions for me? Any advice or help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.