Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Where does this HU stand?

Old 05-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where does this HU stand?

Okay so I was recently given this Alpine CDA-9883 HU as a gift, and was wandering where it stood on quality vs the other alpines out there?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-mKluGVt...-CDA-9883.html

Im not very experienced in the technical stuff, so is the quality of sound/power good on this HU or is it way inferior?

I plan on using the same stock speakers with the exception of bazooka sailpanel speakers... will this work well with them?

I know the HU isnt the Amplifier, but I was told some HU's can actually underpower the amp...

Thanks
Old 05-25-2009, 02:08 AM
On The Tree

thats the radio I have in my car.. I like it, but the guys I work with are kind of anti-Alpine haha.

I think its a good radio, I like it, but there are a couple things Alpine has fixed.

-The blue lights suck at night. They don't really blind you but they really annoy me. lol

-There's only 1 line of text for scrolling through your iPod, its a lot easier with 3 or more like some of the high end Kenwoods. BUT thats hard to find on a single din radio anyway..

-EQ only adjusts bass and treble.. no mids. Sometimes the sound can get distorted easily.

But other than that, its a fine radio, I like the way everything is set up and how the buttons are laid out. Its real easy to use as well.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:11 AM
On The Tree

oh one more thing.. it does have front and rear as well as sub pre-outs on the back if you want to add some amps.

That being said, Alpine is known for having weak pre outs.

Identical subs will hit harder on say a Kenwood or Pioneer over an Alpine just because of the pre-outs on the radios.

Search this Thread