Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

I want this to work again.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 01:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I want this to work again.

My cd player keep saying Error message. I try 20 different cd ( burn cd, unburn cd ), it keep saying Error. I do want replace it with another one, I want keep it factory, I saw on ebay that some of them have MP3 compatible wire that It can hook up to mp3 player or blackberry curve. Any one have any write up with pix ? here a pix of my HU, btw I read and most of them keep mention about moonroe is stock unit that came for F body, but my radio say delco thing. are they the same ? THANKS

Old 06-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

There are no GM/Delco head units that play MP3s and will fit in your car without modification - no matter what they tell you on ebay.

Monsoon and plain old Delco head units are exactly the same except for the little Monsoon label on the front.

Camaro and Firebird head units are interchangeable but they look different (especially lighting) and have somewhat different features.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how do I know if I have a cd changer ? my car is 97 z28 30th. and what adapter I need to hook up an mp3 player to it ? thanks
Old 06-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by killagt
how do I know if I have a cd changer ? my car is 97 z28 30th. and what adapter I need to hook up an mp3 player to it ? thanks
Look in the cubby hole on the left side of the hatch area (next to the t-top storage area). That's where the optional factory CD changer was mounted.

If you have a cassette head unit, there are several auxiliary input adapters that will plug into the CD changer port on the back of the HU. The GM9-AUX is the most popular.

If you have a single CD head unit then you are out of luck. You'll have to change your HU to either a cassette (any year) or a newer CD (2000+) to be able to use any of the adapters.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you tried cleaning the lens and cleaning an lubing the spindle motor in the cd player?