Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sail Panel Removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 06:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sail Panel Removal

I don't want to get flammed for this because I am sure this has been discussed before. I've been searching for 20 mins. with no luck. I want to remove my interior to install sound dampning material...just not sure which one yet. I removed half of the back panels and carpet to install my rear konis. I fugure I might as well remove the rest and get started. I know the removal of the sail has something to do with the damn coat hanger, but I don't want to force it. Does the little square clip come all of the way out, or does it just loosen? Do you pull straight out, lift, twist, or pull down on the coat hanger? Like I said, I don't want to force it, but maybe that is what it needs. Oh, and it is amazing the speakers in the hatch provide any sound at all. Is there a fix so they aren't mounted to the shittiest piece of plastic ever?
Old 06-03-2009, 08:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the "clothes hanger" has a little square insert in it. That square insert MUST come out. It's what holds the upper portion of the sail panel against the body of the car. Just be patient and wiggle it out, one notch at a time. I used a very small flat head screw driver and a pair of needle nose pliers. Just be gentle, that way you won't damage that square insert. I recently did the same work on my car that you are planning for yours.